Arizona Unemployment Benefit Questions
Why do I have to report earnings when I haven’t been paid by my employer yet?
Each time you file a weekly claim for benefits, you have to report if you performed any work or earned any money during the week you are claiming.
You must report the total sum earned before deductions. It must be for the week in which the work was carried out even though you may not have been paid for the work at the time you file your weekly claim.
What do I do if I no longer need Benefits?
Should you return to work or find that you no longer wish to claim benefits, you simply stop filing your weekly claim forms. There is no condition that you must inform unemployment insurance. If you become unemployed again or wish to reactivate your claim (or file a new one if your current benefit year has expired), you may do so online or by telephone.
How do I check the status of my benefit payment?
You can find all of the following information either online or by phone:
- View the newest benefit payment made to you;
- Information about the last week you filed if you did not receive a payment; and
- The balance remaining on your current claim.
- Benefit payment information may also be viewed for the most recently completed calendar year (for tax purposes). This option is usually available from February to May each year.
Online: Access the Weekly Claims system and after choosing your language select “View Payment Information” from the drop-down menu.
By Phone: Call the AZ Unemployment Insurance Call Center, select Option 3, followed by:
- Option 2 for the latest payment made to you, or information about the last week you filed if you did not obtain a payment, and the balance remaining on your current claim; or
- Option 4 to receive payment information for the previous calendar year.