Arkansas Unemployment Extension
On January 2, 2013, President Obama signed the American Taxpayer Relief Act of 2012 which extends the EUC program through January 1, 2014. Claimants will continue to be eligible for up to 14 weeks of EUC Tier 1 benefits; up to 14 weeks of EUC Tier 2 benefits; and up to 9 weeks of EUC Tier 3 benefits for EUC claims filed before December 28, 2013. There is no phase out period associated with this extension. The last payable week for any EUC benefits regardless of any benefit amounts remaining on the claim is the week ending December 28, 2013.
To be eligible for EUC the claimant must:
- Have Base Period Wages equal to 40 times the weekly benefit amount, or1.5 times the high quarter wages, or 20 weeks of full time work
- Have had a claim for regular benefits that ended after May 1, 2007, or
- Have exhausted all available benefits from a claim that ended after May 1, 2007, and
- Have no rights to regular or extended compensation under any other state or federal unemployment compensation law, and
- Have not received compensation with respect to such week under the unemployment compensation law of Canada.
Notices will be mailed to individuals that meet the above criteria and are potentially eligible for EUC benefits to the last address on file.
For more information on EUC click here.
About to run out of regular unemployment insurance benefits?? ——> Know about Unemployment Extension