California Unemployment Weekly Claim
In order to keep receiving an unemployment check every week you must file a weekly claim also known as a weekly certification or continued claim.
The reason of filing a weekly certification is to tell the unemployment agency that you:
- Are currently looking for a job.
- Did not do any work this week.
- Did not make any money this week (unless you are allowed to by the terms of your unemployment.)
- Did not find another job.
- Still want to receive an unemployment check or payment this week.
Thus, it is very important to file your weekly certification every week to keep collecting your unemployment check.
If you wait in filing your weekly certification, you may not get your unemployment check on time.
Also read about Job search requirements which are to be fulfilled each week you claim benefits.