1. This is a public discussion forum. You must contact State Unemployment authorities to get accurate & up-to-date information.

Ca no extension?! EDD does not answer phone.

Discussion in 'Benefits Extension' started by April, Aug 13, 2015.

1. April

April Guest

I have worked as a scientist for the past 15 years. My team was laid off and my UI ran out after only 6 months. I have a family to support. I have been desperately trying to find a job. I have tried to call EDD for two months, no one answers the phone. I have also tried all the alternate phone numbers found on google only to be yelled at and hung up on. I have written to them requesting an extension, only to be told to call the phone number.
    Why are we paying such high taxes when the EDD is NOT there when we need them?
    Someone should make a class action because this is ridiculous. I am a hard working tax payer and paid into this system!

April

2. Steve

Steve Administrator

I can understand your situation. The E.U.C(Emergency Unemployment Compensation) remains expired. There is no extension available.

3. I have worked at Disney for 23 years strait, and was fired for medical reasons.I filed for S>S>I.6 months ago and no response yet,had to use all my 401K money to survive.I only got 16 weeks of unemployment after 23 years of paying taxes. if anyone should be intitaled an extention its me .PLEASE ADVISE/?

4. Sophie

Sophie Moderator

The E.U.C(Emergency Unemployment Compensation) remains expired. There is no extension available. Please inquire further with the labor authorities in your state by calling them.