1. This is a public discussion forum. You must contact State Unemployment authorities to get accurate & up-to-date information.

Contracted

Discussion in 'California' started by Daniel Doering, Jul 31, 2017.

1. Daniel Doering

Daniel Doering New Member

I have a real confusing one. I was recently terminated by a company I worked for as a contracted employee. The company I work for just pulled me from my position and explained to me I was not going to work that contract anymore, however, I was still employed with the company. My boss wants me to stay until he finds other contracts for me to work. So I then applied for Unemployment and was awarded the unemployment. Now after a month they scheduled me with a phone interview. I am still confused as to why, or what I am to tell EDD when they ask my status. Confusing as I am still employed by my company but terminated from the post I was working at due to an employee disagreement. I am also a Disable Veteran that is suppossed to be protected in such cases, and to top off the confusion the organization that terminated me was a government agency. All is BS especially the way I was treated in the incident. Any clearity would be helpful??