1. This is a public discussion forum. You must contact State Unemployment authorities to get accurate & up-to-date information.

Husband was not let to complete the notice period

Discussion in 'New Hampshire' started by Michelle, Aug 4, 2014.

1. Michelle

Michelle New Member

My husband put in his two weeks notice to quit August 20th. His boss kept his name on the schedule through the 28 saying, “He wanted to be able to put the new person into her same schedule”. He then came to my husband on the 17th and said, “Just go ahead and leave today”
    Would my husband be eligible for any unemployment? The decision to leave was voluntary, but he was “let go” several days earlier than the voluntary date.

2. Steve

Steve Administrator

He should be as long as it was not his fault. Please consider applying for UI benefits until your husband finds a job.

3. carol

carol New Member

I was hired at walmart in August 28, 2009 in N.H. I moved to California in May 10, 2014 I was let go for Misconduct with coaching. Do I apply for unemployment in NH?

4. Steve

Steve Administrator

The reason for separation from job matters. If the employment was terminated due to misconduct, you may not be eligible.

Please call the customer service of the labor dept in NH and speak to them before applying from there.

5. carol

carol New Member

6. Steve

Steve Administrator

That is right. Please consider applying from NH. Your employer would have paid unemployment taxes here.