1. This is a public discussion forum. You must contact State Unemployment authorities to get accurate & up-to-date information.

Is there a REAL PERSON to speak to?

Discussion in 'Tennessee' started by Arty, May 18, 2015.

1. Arty

Arty Guest

This is ridiculous. I tried to certify using the number provided on the Tennessee Unemployment website; if you have a hearing problem as I do it is nearly impossible. I filled out all the forms for unemployment at a career center in my city. Then I called in the first Sunday after I submitted a claim. I had to repeatedly call back because of my hearing impediment. I read somewhere on the site that if you miss certifying for a week you lose your benefits for that week, is that correct? So this is just a way to cheat citizens out of unemployment?

2. Steve

Steve Administrator

Please note we are not a govt. agency.

I can understand your frustration. Please try looking up for more telephone numbers on the website or try visiting the nearest office.

3. I am just trying to find phone number to see when my claim officially started and are there any extensions anymore in TN?

4. Steve

Steve Administrator

The E.U.C(Emergency Unemployment Compensation) remains expired. There is no extension available.

You can call on (615) 253-0800 or (877) 813-0950