Connecticut Unemployment Phone Numbers
- File your weekly continued claim: Sunday, 12 a.m. to 11 p.m., and Monday through Friday, 6 a.m. to 8 p.m., Eastern Standard Time (E.S.T.)
- File or resume filing your initial (new) claim or reopen your claim: Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. (E.S.T.)
- All other inquiry options, including employer information, are available 7 days/week, 24 hours/day.
To ensure the best possible customer service, the following call-in schedule for individuals filing initial or reopened unemployment is now in effect:
- Callers with social security numbers ending in numerals 0 through 4 can call the TeleBenefits “Dial to File” system on Mondays
- Callers with social security numbers ending in numerals 0 through 7 can call the TeleBenefits “Dial to File” system on Tuesdays
- Callers with social security numbers ending in any numeral (0-9) can call the TeleBenefits “Dial to File” system on Wednesdays, Thursdays, AND Fridays
Call the telephone number listed that is within your local calling area. Directions to the nearest CT Works Career Center located in these areas can be obtained by the calling the number listed below.
|Local Calling Areas||TeleBenefits Phone Numbers|
|New Britain||(860) 566-5790|
|New London||(860) 443-2041|
If you live in the Kent, Salisbury, Sharon, North Thompson, Stafford Springs, Westport or Wilton exchange, you may call the following toll-free number: 1-800-354-3305. This number is NOT accessible statewide.
TDD/TTY Users Call: 1-800-842-9710 – This is a relay service that can connect you to the numbers listed above in order to file your claim by telephone.
TeleBenefits Phone Number – Out of State Calling Area: 1-800-942-6653