Connecticut Unemployment Weekly Claims
In order to continue obtaining an unemployment check each week you must file a weekly claim, also known as a weekly certification or continued claim.
The purpose of filing a weekly claim is to tell the unemployment agency that you:
- Are currently looking for work
- Have not done any work this week
- Have not made any money this week
- Have not found another job
- Want to obtain an unemployment check or payment this week
If you delay in filing your weekly claim, you may not get your unemployment check on time.