Mississippi Unemployment Job Search Requirements
Mississippi has enforced some strict work search requirements for individuals who receive unemployment benefits.
To remain eligible for benefits:
- You MUST contact at least three (3) employers each week to inquire about job openings.
- You MUST keep a detailed record of the employers you contact each week.
- You MUST enter your work search record each week using ACCESS MS online services.
- You MUST be registered for work through your local WIN Job Center.
- If you do not have access to a computer you may visit your local WIN Job Center or library to enter your work search information.
- Once you have certified your work search record and clicked the Submit button, the provided work search record may only be changed by contacting an MDES Customer Service Representative at 601-855-3133 or 1-888-844-3577, Monday through Friday between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m., Central Standard Time.
Use the following tips in your work search plan:
Make a list of your background and experience. This list will help you fill out job applications, prepare resumes, or provide information during job interviews.
Search out job leads
Ask friends and relatives if they know of job openings. Check newspaper ads, employment and temporary agencies, libraries, career centers, colleges or schools, and community organizations. Follow up quickly on leads.
First impressions are important. Arrive on time for interviews. Dress appropriately for all interviews and employer contacts, even if you may only pick up a job application. Go alone.