North Dakota Unemployment Benefits
Check Your Eligibility
Calculate Your Benefits
Apply For Benefits
CALL: (701) 328-4995 to file an Unemployment Compensation Claim (Monday through Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm Central Time). Unemployment Insurance for Employers: (701) 328-2814; TTY - Relay ND : (800) 366-6888;
you are not eligible
State: North Dakota (ND)|
Maximum Weekly Benefit Amount: $570
Maximum Weeks of benefits: 26
Current Jobless rate: 3
|State: North Dakota (ND)|
|Phone Number: (701) 328-4995 to file an Unemployment Compensation Claim (Monday through Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm Central Time). Unemployment Insurance for Employers: (701) 328-2814; TTY - Relay ND : (800) 366-6888;|
|File Online: http://www.jobsnd.com/unemployment-for-individuals|
|Major Towns: Bismarck, Dickinson, Fargo, Grand Forks, Jamestown, Mandan, Minot, and West Fargo|
Current Unemploymnet Rate in North Dakota
- Have been separated from employment through no fault of your own or have had your hours reduced.
- Be able to work.
- Be available for work.
- Be actively seeking employment.
- Be found monetarily eligible - a claimant establishes monetary eligibility based on work performed during a specific one-year period called the base period.
- You should file your claim the week in which you become unemployed.
- The effective date of your claim is the Sunday of the week it is filed.
- Claims cannot be backdated to an earlier week so it is important to file as soon as possible after becoming unemployed.
- Your Social Security Number
- Name, address and telephone number of all employers for whom you worked in the last 18 months or since last registering
- Wage you are willing to accept
- Union Local name and number
- DD214 member copy 4 (proof of military service and wages)
- F8 and SF50 (proof of federal civilian service and wages)
- Your alien identification number (non-U.S. citizen authorized to work in the U.S.)
- Online using Job Service North Dakota's UI ICE internet site, or;
- By telephone using our automated telephone system by calling (701) 328-4995
- You are able and available to accept work
- You are actively seeking work
- You have an active resume on file with Job Service
- You have completed all re-employment related activities as directed by Job Service
North Dakota Unemployment QuestionsAm I eligible?
To be eligible for unemployment benefits you must:
For unemployment insurance purposes the week begins on Sunday and ends on the following Saturday at midnight.
Information you will need to have available when you file:
There are two ways to file your claim:
In order to be eligible to receive benefit payments Job Service must find that the reason(s) you are no longer working are not disqualifying and that you meet all other eligibility requirements of the unemployment insurance program. Examples of other eligibility requirements include: