Oklahoma Unemployment Extension
Extended unemployment compensation (EUC) benefits are a federal government program that continues benefits after regular state benefits have been exhausted. There are up to 4 tiers which depend on the unemployment rate of the state. Currently, 2 tiers are available in the state of Oklahoma -
Tier 1 EUC
Tier 2 EUC
Extended Unemployment Compensation benefit claims may now be filed through December 28, 2013. No new Tier 1 EUC claims may be filed after December 28, 2013.
Anyone who establishes a Tier 1 or 2 EUC claim on or after March 23rd will be required to meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Required to register with Employment Services.
- Actively search for work and make appropriate employer contacts in light of the labor market, and your skills and capabilities.
- Maintain a detailed record of your contacts.
- Provide your work search records to the state upon request.
Attend Re-employment and Eligibility Assessment Activities at your Workforce Oklahoma office which will include -
- Labor market and career information
- An assessment of your skills
- Orientation to the services available through the Workforce office; and
- Review of your eligibility for EUC benefits relating to your job search activities.