Oklahoma Unemployment Weekly Claims
Claims are filed on a calendar-week basis, Sunday through Saturday date. Weekly claims must be filed within fourteen days of the week ending date for the week to be considered timely. We recommend that you file on a weekly basis because claims filed after fourteen days will be considered untimely and will not be paid.
Filing Weekly Claim Certifications –
Weekly claim certifications can be filed by:
Internet – Oklahoma Network Initial Claims (ONIC)
Telephone – Interactive Voice Response (IVR)
Inside the Oklahoma City calling area use: (405) 525-1500
If you live outside the Oklahoma City calling area use: (800) 555-1554
Before you call IVR, make sure you have the following information:
- Social security number
- Personal identification number
- Information on any earnings and the number of hours you worked during the week (including vacation, holiday and severance pay)
Tips before calling:
- Please do not use a cellular phone. To utilize the IVR system, you must have a TOUCH-TONE telephone or a regular push-button telephone with a TONE/PULSE switch. When using a regular push-button telephone with a TONE/PULSE, switch to Tone after you dial the number.
- The general and payment information inquiry system is available 24 hours a day and 7 days a week.
- Peak activity occurs from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. daily, and Monday has the heaviest call volume.
- The continued claim filing lines are available 24 hours a day and 7 days a week. Remember, you must claim each week of benefits within fourteen (14) days of the week-ending date.
- Customer Service Representatives are available Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
When you call IVR, the computer will follow a script and you will be asked specific questions. Additional questions may be asked based on your answers. Read through the sample questions before you call to save yourself time and confusion. You answer questions by using your telephone keypad and entering ‘1’ for YES and ‘9’ for NO.
- Oklahoma requires that you are able and available to work each week if employment is offered. Were you able and available for work during the week you are claiming?
- You must report all work performed. Did you perform work during the week for which you were or will be paid?
- Did you receive or are you entitled to severance pay for the week?
- Did you receive or are you entitled to vacation pay for the week? NOTE: (Vacation pay is deductible if you have a return to work date.)
- Are you entitled to holiday pay for the week you are claiming? NOTE: (Holiday pay is deductible in the week in which the holiday falls.)
- Did you receive bonus pay for the week you are claiming? NOTE: (Bonus pay is deductible in the week in which it is received.)
- Has there been any change in the amount of retirement pay or pension previously reported?
- Did you refuse work during the week you are claiming benefits?
- Did you quit a job during the week you are claiming benefits?
- Were you discharged or fired during the week you are claiming benefits?
- Oklahoma requires that you search for work each week in accordance to your work search plan that you established at the time you filed your claim. Did you make the required number of work searches in accordance with your work search plan?
- Realizing you are liable for any false statements made to receive unemployment, do you certify that you have answered these questions truthfully and accurately?
There are other questions that may be asked depending on the type of claim or your response to the answers. Please remember, you must remain on the line until you have answered all questions and IVR tells you GOOD-BYE. You will be told whether your weekly claim certification has been accepted. If you meet all eligibility requirements, your weekly claim will be processed for payment. If the week is not accepted, you will be given additional instructions.
IMPORTANT: You must have Microsoft Internet Explorer 5 as your minimum browser in order to utilize the Internet for filing a claim.
The Internet/ONIC website is available 24 hours a day and 7 days a week.
The web address to access the ONIC system.
The system will walk you through the procedures.
To access the Oklahoma Internet Claims System, please begin by entering your Social Security Number.
- Enter Social Security Number (SSN verified)
- Please enter your PIN number (PIN verified)
The system will then walk you through the questions.
Your claim will not be complete until you are given a confirmation number to indicate that your claim has been accepted.