All States » South Carolina

South Carolina Unemployment Weekly Claims

File your weekly claim to prove you remain eligible for benefits and qualify to get a weekly payment. If you have not heard back from DEW on the status of your initial claim, still file weekly claim so that if you qualify, you will receive back payments. File your weekly claim in one of three ways:

1. Online via the MyBenefits portal— After logging in, answer the questions about whether you worked, earned any gross pay and whether you were able, available and looking for work.

2. In person at an SC Works center near you.

3. Calling TelClaim System.

SC residents can call 1.866.831.1724 from 4:00 a.m. until midnight. Non-residents can call 1.866. 831. 1725. Both lines are toll free, and services are provided free to claimants. You can call to check the status of your payment only Tuesdays through Saturdays.

Filing weekly claims by phone requires:

  • A touch-tone phone
  • Your Social Security number
  • Your Personal Identification Number (PIN)

Note that TelClaim processes weekly claims and provide status updates only for your most recent benefit year.

Questions & Answers

  1. jeremy robinson says:

    why does it take 3 months to get the checks going11// makes no sence bills don’t take a break our checks shouldn’t either!!

    • Martin says:

      Well, it should not take so long unless the authorities kept you posted on the delay.

      Please make sure to chase at regular intervals for status until you get a concrete response. You may call the Claims Center.

  2. James Threatt says:

    I been trying to get in touch with someone. I keep filing for unemployment and it denies me for fact finding problem. I don’t know what fact finding is and what to do. There is no directions on the mybenefit center page. Someone please help me. The unemployment line don’t even ring it just busy!

  3. michael arrowood says:

    The claim number has had a busy signal and I bring up t he w fb site…it’s like they erased it r moved how am I supposed to file claim..can’t find website and phone number ain’t working

    • Adrian says:

      Please use other resources to contact the claims center for update on the status.Use DEW’s BPC Division phone number at (803) 737-2400(if you,ve not tried this).

  4. Sandra H. Bowers says:

    To Whom It May Concern:
    I am currently drawing unemployment and I need to redo my claim but I am not sure who to use as my employer. I don’t know if I need to use my previous one or the current one. I have tried to call the 866 number and it is always busy. I truly need some help with this. Please contact me and let me know how to handle this. Thanking you in advance for your help with this matter.


    Sandra Bowers

Post Your Question

forum link

7 × = twenty eight