Washington Unemployment Extension
EUC is a federal extension that provides extra weeks of unemployment benefits after you have run out of regular unemployment benefits. This program is scheduled to last through 2013.
Washington presently qualifies for the first three tiers of the EUC program:
- Tier 1 – up to 14 weeks. You must apply to receive tier 1
- Tier 2 – up to 14 weeks of benefits. You do not need to apply to receive these additional benefits
- Tier 3 – up to another 9 weeks of benefits. You do not need to apply to receive these additional benefits
Eligibility for EUC
You may qualify for Washington EUC if:
- You are not eligible for a regular claim in any state (including Puerto Rico, the Virgin Islands, the District of Columbia) or receiving unemployment benefits from Canada
- You have a valid Washington claim that began on or after May 7, 2006
- The benefit year on the claim has ended or you received all of the regular benefits
- You run out of regular benefits no later than December 21, 2013
How to apply for EUC?
The EUC unit will automatically mail a paper EUC application to you before you run out of regular unemployment benefits. If you do not receive an application by the time you run out of your regular benefits, you can get one from your local WorkSource office or by calling the EUC unit at 877-558-8509 (toll-free).
Return your completed EUC application to:
Employment Security Department
Attn: EUC unit
PO Box 9046
Olympia, WA 98507-9046
You cannot apply for EUC using the Internet, telephone or fax.
Extended Benefits were shut off in Washington in April 2012, when the state no longer qualified.
About to run out of regular unemployment insurance benefits?? ——> Know about Unemployment Extension