All States » Wisconsin

Wisconsin Unemployment Phone Numbers

File a new claim or reopen an existing one using the following options –

Phone Numbers:
Madison Area 608-232-0678
Milwaukee Area 414-438-7700
Toll Free Number 1-800-UC CLAIM and 1-800-822-5246

Claims specialists are available:
Monday – Friday, 7:45 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.

Online and Automated Telephone Initial Claim Systems timing:

To Get Information, Assistance or to Talk to a Claims Specialist –

Phone Numbers:
Madison Area 608-232-0824
Milwaukee Area 414-438-7713
Toll Free Number 1-800-494-4944

Claims specialists are available:
Monday – Friday, 7:45 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.

Online and Automated Telephone Weekly Claim Systems area timing:
Sunday 9:00 AM – Midnight
Monday-Friday 1:00 AM – Midnight
Saturday 1:00 AM – 3:00 PM

To Report Unemployment Fraud

UI Fraud Hotline 1-800-909-9472

Fraud Specialists are available:
Monday-Friday 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM

Know more bout Wisconsin unemployment –

Details on how to apply for unemployment.
Eligibility Requirements for the unemployment in Wisconsin.
Job training for applicants.
Weekly certification requirements.
Calculate your benefits.

Questions & Answers

1. Jim jones says:

Can I qualify for unemployment since I quit a job that i worked for 3 weeks through a temp service I could do and felt comfertble doing for permant new job that has a lot of dangers associated with it that I was not told about in the 2 interviews I had. The only reason I excepted the job is I was told I’d be working with a microscope in a lab which I do not even do and I was told I’d work 12 hour shifts at night 2 days on 2 days off then 3 days on 3 days off now my employer is telling me I will work 5 days a week 8 hour shifts with a 35 minute commute each way. I only accepted the new job because of the schedule and the duties they discribed during my 2 interview and when I was told they wanted to hire me. I never agreed to work with dangerous chemicals or this schedule? They can not even provide me the correct size protect rubber boots for handling these chemicals they don’t offer wide size boots and want me to wear ones that are too big or too tight. I was never told I had to climb heights or deal with dangerous chemicals . I was told I’d be working in a lab with a microscope I’ve never even seen a microscope at this job. I have a weight restriction and can not just go accept any other temp service job and the place I was working for won’t take me back since I left for a new job. This is completely unfair I never would have agreed to work with dangerous chemicals and I’m afraid if I quit I will now have no job or pay check?

• Jim jones says:

In addition to my post if I do even qualify for unemployment my benifit rate would calculate out to about 71 dollars a week I was making 480 at the job I quit for this new job and only have worked this quarter not 2 consecutive quarters would I even qualify.

• Martin says:

Well, you can be eligible to draw Unemployment Insurance if you quit due to hostile work environment.

You’re not expected to work in dangerous work conditions. If there is a dispute from your employer during processing of the claim, please provide supporting documents.

2. Mary says:

I have been claiming for 4 weeks now and it has been pending the whole time I have tried to call but can not get a real person. what good does a claim specialist phone number do if there isn’t an option for a real person.

3. post man says:

this whole system suck gov walker need to be recall

4. bob says:

i work a seasonal job. have for the last 18 yrs. we have winters off and have collected unemployment with no problems till this yr. why are we required to do 4 job searches every week now? i dont want another job and if we deny 1 of the jobs we sent a resume into we get denied UP. you realize how many employees and employers this is gonna mess with? what phone # can i call to ask questions about this?

• Martin says:

We can understand your concern. Please note we’re not associated with the unemployment office in your state.

Please redirect your queries to the authorities. The phone numbers are available on top of this page.

5. mark bitney says:

my employer wants to know how to contact you.

• Martin says:

Please provide them the phone numbers given on the official site.

We are a private company and not associated with the labor authorities in your state.

6. tami says:

I have an opportunity for accept a “separation agreement.” Does this agreement still allow me to claim unemployment benefits?

• Jeff says:

Depends. Please check with your employer if this agreement would hinder you eligibility to claim unemployment benefits.

7. amanda says:

my job does not pay for maternity leave. do i qualify for unemployment? or is there another way to get financial help for those few weeks?

• Adrian says:

I am afraid Mat leave time does not qualify. Please research more on other benefits that may be available in your state.

8. joseph lopez says:

I have been calling at least 20times a day everyday this week(it is now Thursday) and still have not been able to get thru! Somebody PLEASE help!!!!

9. joshua says:

how long does it take to recieve or for them to finish your claim cause Ive been waiting four weeks and all I get told is I have to wait longer and longer is there anyway someone can help because calling doesn’t work

10. joshua says:

I really need help if there is anyway to get my unemployment claim done it would be awesome so there is anyway someone can help me out let me know

11. joshua says:

Ive tried for 3 weeks to get though to finish my unemployment is there a different way to finish instead of calling and getting nowheres on the phone

• KV says:

This is ridiculous! I have called about 30-40 times per week for almost 3 weeks and can not get through. The system says the same thing everytime…They are experiencing high call volume and they will try to transfer me. Once I get transferred, it says that they have reached the maximum amount of people on hold and hangs up on me. I don’t even have a choice to sit on the line and wait if I wanted. I read an article in the newspaper that they are working overtime but if you call anywhere close to closing time you can’t even try to get transferred to a claims specialist. It just says they are closed. I called at 3:50 and they close at 4:30 and I wasn’t even allowed to get transferred. It is EXTREMELY frustrating and something needs to be done! Hire some of these thousands of people that are unemployed if you are that short-staffed. This whole experience is so irritating & it is absolutely unfair!!! No business could be or should be ran like this. Oh, and another great quote from the recorded message is that if you are having difficulty getting through to a claim specialist, please call back. Oh, thanks, that works wonders!!!!!!

• Adrian says:

It is definitely frustrating.Please note that we are not a govt. organisation.Perhaps,you can raise a grievance with the governor’s office on the way labor department in WI functions.

12. dwayna rogers says:

I cant seem to get in contact with a claims specialist. Its been 2weeks. I call everyday atleast 5 times a day and still can’t get through. What should I do? Can someone please call me. 4146100697

13. dale thomas says:

YOUR PHONE SYSTEM IS SO STUPID, I HAVE BEEN TRYING FOR ALMOST 2 WEEKS NOW BECAUSE OF A QUESTION THE SYSTEM HAD FOR ME, AND SAID I HAD TO TALK TO A SPECIALIST, EVERYTIME I CALL THE SYSTEM IT SAYS WE HAVE REACHED THE MAXIMUM NUMBER OF CALLS WE CAN PLACE ON HOLD, THEN SAYS GOODBYE AND HANGS UP!!!!!! I NEED MY UC BENEFITS, THIS IS REDICULOUS, DO I HAVE TO CALL THE GOVERNOR TO COMPLAIN ABOUT THIS, SINCE NO ONE CAN BE REACHED.

14. keithj kirsch says:

Can I collect unemployment, if you just filed for disablity

15. darlene ruedi says:

My employer (a local hospital)has told me it is mandatory that I get a flu shot by Nov 1 or I will not be employed by them. My position is a clerical position and has been for the past 25 years I have no immediate contact with patients. If I refuse to get the flu shot, can I collect unemployment ?

• kathy says:

This is not the unemployment office. Anything here is an “opinion” though we strive for accuracy. Generally if you do not follow company policy you suffer the consequences. However, unemployment may decide you had a right to refuse. You may try “pleading your case” with your employer first in hopes of maintaining a good working relationship. Requiring a person to undergo an “invasive” procedure to maintain employment is something you could research.

Post Your Question