All States » Wisconsin

Wisconsin Unemployment Phone Numbers

File a new claim or reopen an existing one using the following options -

Phone Numbers:
Madison Area 608-232-0678
Milwaukee Area 414-438-7700
Toll Free Number 1-800-UC CLAIM and 1-800-822-5246

Claims specialists are available:
Monday – Friday, 7:45 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.

Online and Automated Telephone Initial Claim Systems timing:

To Get Information, Assistance or to Talk to a Claims Specialist -

Phone Numbers:
Madison Area 608-232-0824
Milwaukee Area 414-438-7713
Toll Free Number 1-800-494-4944

Claims specialists are available:
Monday – Friday, 7:45 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.

Online and Automated Telephone Weekly Claim Systems area timing:
Sunday 9:00 AM – Midnight
Monday-Friday 1:00 AM – Midnight
Saturday 1:00 AM – 3:00 PM

To Report Unemployment Fraud

UI Fraud Hotline 1-800-909-9472

Fraud Specialists are available:
Monday-Friday 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM

Know more bout Wisconsin unemployment –

Details on how to apply for unemployment.
Eligibility Requirements for the unemployment in Wisconsin.
Job training for applicants.
Weekly certification requirements.
Calculate your benefits.

Questions & Answers

1. amanda says:

my job does not pay for maternity leave. do i qualify for unemployment? or is there another way to get financial help for those few weeks?

• Adrian says:

I am afraid Mat leave time does not qualify. Please research more on other benefits that may be available in your state.

2. joseph lopez says:

I have been calling at least 20times a day everyday this week(it is now Thursday) and still have not been able to get thru! Somebody PLEASE help!!!!

3. joshua says:

how long does it take to recieve or for them to finish your claim cause Ive been waiting four weeks and all I get told is I have to wait longer and longer is there anyway someone can help because calling doesn’t work

4. joshua says:

I really need help if there is anyway to get my unemployment claim done it would be awesome so there is anyway someone can help me out let me know

5. joshua says:

Ive tried for 3 weeks to get though to finish my unemployment is there a different way to finish instead of calling and getting nowheres on the phone

• KV says:

This is ridiculous! I have called about 30-40 times per week for almost 3 weeks and can not get through. The system says the same thing everytime…They are experiencing high call volume and they will try to transfer me. Once I get transferred, it says that they have reached the maximum amount of people on hold and hangs up on me. I don’t even have a choice to sit on the line and wait if I wanted. I read an article in the newspaper that they are working overtime but if you call anywhere close to closing time you can’t even try to get transferred to a claims specialist. It just says they are closed. I called at 3:50 and they close at 4:30 and I wasn’t even allowed to get transferred. It is EXTREMELY frustrating and something needs to be done! Hire some of these thousands of people that are unemployed if you are that short-staffed. This whole experience is so irritating & it is absolutely unfair!!! No business could be or should be ran like this. Oh, and another great quote from the recorded message is that if you are having difficulty getting through to a claim specialist, please call back. Oh, thanks, that works wonders!!!!!!

• Adrian says:

It is definitely frustrating.Please note that we are not a govt. organisation.Perhaps,you can raise a grievance with the governor’s office on the way labor department in WI functions.

6. dwayna rogers says:

I cant seem to get in contact with a claims specialist. Its been 2weeks. I call everyday atleast 5 times a day and still can’t get through. What should I do? Can someone please call me. 4146100697

7. dale thomas says:

YOUR PHONE SYSTEM IS SO STUPID, I HAVE BEEN TRYING FOR ALMOST 2 WEEKS NOW BECAUSE OF A QUESTION THE SYSTEM HAD FOR ME, AND SAID I HAD TO TALK TO A SPECIALIST, EVERYTIME I CALL THE SYSTEM IT SAYS WE HAVE REACHED THE MAXIMUM NUMBER OF CALLS WE CAN PLACE ON HOLD, THEN SAYS GOODBYE AND HANGS UP!!!!!! I NEED MY UC BENEFITS, THIS IS REDICULOUS, DO I HAVE TO CALL THE GOVERNOR TO COMPLAIN ABOUT THIS, SINCE NO ONE CAN BE REACHED.

8. keithj kirsch says:

Can I collect unemployment, if you just filed for disablity

9. darlene ruedi says:

My employer (a local hospital)has told me it is mandatory that I get a flu shot by Nov 1 or I will not be employed by them. My position is a clerical position and has been for the past 25 years I have no immediate contact with patients. If I refuse to get the flu shot, can I collect unemployment ?

• kathy says:

This is not the unemployment office. Anything here is an “opinion” though we strive for accuracy. Generally if you do not follow company policy you suffer the consequences. However, unemployment may decide you had a right to refuse. You may try “pleading your case” with your employer first in hopes of maintaining a good working relationship. Requiring a person to undergo an “invasive” procedure to maintain employment is something you could research.

Post Your Question