Alaska Unemployment Application
Updated : June 18th, 2019
You can file an initial claim for unemployment benefits two ways, online or calling a UI Claim Center.
To file online, login to myalaska.state.ak.us and click on “Unemployment Insurance Benefits”. If you call, a UI claim center representative can take your information over the phone.
If you cannot call any of the numbers, without paying long distance fees call 1-888-252-2557 and you will be routed to the nearest claim center.
Note: After you have opened your UI claim, you can file for biweekly benefits online at the above website or over the phone by calling an automated telephone claim filing system known as VICTOR.
Information Needed While Applying
Whether filing for benefits online or by telephone, you will be asked to provide basic information about yourself such as:
- Social security number
- Name, address, and telephone number of your last employer
- Your last day worked
- Reason for leaving the job
- Wages earned during the last week of employment
- If you are not a US citizen or national, you will need your Alien Registration Number, expiration date and document type
Want to know about how much you will receive?? —–>Calculate your benefits here
Unemployed?? ——>Check your eligibility for unemployment benefits
- All About The Families First Coronavirus Response Act
- How To Collect Unemployment Benefits If Coronavirus Has Cost You Your Job
- How To Get A Job If You Have A Disability
- How The American Elections Create Jobs
- Unemployment & mental health: How losing your job takes a toll on the psychological state
- View all articles