Alaska Unemployment Extension
Updated : June 18th, 2019
EUC is a Federal temporary extension of unemployment compensation for unemployed individuals who have already collected all regular state benefits for which they were eligible.
Alaska is currently paying benefits under the Federal Emergency Unemployment Compensation (EUC) program. EUC benefits will be paid prior to the state EB benefits. If you have exhausted your regular unemployment benefits, you may be entitled to receive EUC. If you are denied or exhaust EB, you may apply for or continue receiving EUC.
Total available weeks currently in Alaska is 26 weeks.
Under federal law, as of 2019, EUC benefits are no longer available.
Extensions for collecting UI payments are in effect only during periods of high unemployment and only if the state or federal government take specific action to provide extended benefits.
- All About The Families First Coronavirus Response Act
- How To Collect Unemployment Benefits If Coronavirus Has Cost You Your Job
- How To Get A Job If You Have A Disability
- How The American Elections Create Jobs
- Unemployment & mental health: How losing your job takes a toll on the psychological state
- View all articles