Arizona Unemployment Application
You should apply for UI Benefits as soon as possible after the last day of work. If you are still presently working; you will need to wait until after your last day of work to complete your application for UI Benefits.
When applying online, a window will come out for each issue identified letting you to provide general information related to the situation. After the application is processed, questionnaires will be mailed to you for each issue, giving you the chance to provide more details and any supporting documents you wish to supply.
Eligibility issues will cause a delay in payment.
Your application is successfully completed when you receive a confirmation number while applying online. In case you do not get a confirmation number, complete the application again or telephone the AZ Unemployment Insurance Call Center.
People who don’t have Internet access can use computers (free of charge) at a One-Stop Center or DES Employment Service Office resource center. Employees at the One-Stop Centers or DES Employment Service office can assist you with the online application. They can also notify job seekers about the other services obtainable to help them find employment.
Note: The Initial Claims Online Application is available from 12:01 a.m. Sunday to 5 p.m. Friday each week.
Documents and Information Needed to Apply (initial claim) for UI:
- Your Social Security Number
- Arizona Driver’s License or Arizona State Issued ID (optional)
- Your mailing address, city, state and ZIP code
- If you live in Arizona, know the county where you reside
- The names, addresses, and phone numbers of all your employers for the last 18 months
- The last day you worked immediately prior to filing your UI claim
- If you received severance, vacation, holiday or payment for unused sick pay: give the amount (before deductions) and the date it was paid to you
- The name and local number of your union hall, if applicable
- Alien Registration Number, if applicable
- Copy # 4 of your DD Form 214 if released from the military in the last 18 months
- SF 8 or SF 50 if employed in Federal Civilian service in the last 18 months
- If you are receiving a pension (other than Social Security), you will need the start date of the pension and the monthly benefit amount
When you apply for UI Benefits, you must provide the correct mailing address and telephone number for your most recent employer (the individual or company you worked for immediately prior to filing your application for benefits).
More on Arizona Unemployment –