Arizona Unemployment Weekly Claims
If you are unable to carry out a work search, a new question has been provided on your weekly certification which permits you to refuse to file for the week if you do not meet the work search requirements. This option is available to you if you state that you “did not look for work” or if you did not look for work on at least four days of the week. If you did not account your work search efforts or it was insufficient and you wish to file for the week you will be disqualified for the remainder of your unemployment.
Note: If you decline to file for the week, you will not receive benefits but your claim will remain open to file future weekly certifications for benefits.
The purpose of filing a weekly claim is to tell the unemployment agency that you:
- Are currently looking for work.
- Have not done any work this week.
- Have not made any money this week (unless you are allowed to by the terms of your unemployment.)
- Have not found another job.
- Want to receive an unemployment check or payment this week.
Hence, it is very important to file your weekly claim every week to keep receiving your unemployment check.