California Unemployment Weekly Claim
Updated : June 18th, 2019
In order to keep receiving an unemployment check every week you must file a weekly claim also known as a weekly certification or continued claim.
The reason of filing a weekly certification is to tell the unemployment agency that you:
- Are currently looking for a job.
- Did not do any work this week.
- Did not make any money this week (unless you are allowed to by the terms of your unemployment.)
- Did not find another job.
- Still want to receive an unemployment check or payment this week.
Thus, it is very important to file your weekly certification every week to keep collecting your unemployment check.
If you wait in filing your weekly certification, you may not get your unemployment check on time.
Also read about Job search requirements which are to be fulfilled each week you claim benefits.
- All About The Families First Coronavirus Response Act
- How To Collect Unemployment Benefits If Coronavirus Has Cost You Your Job
- How To Get A Job If You Have A Disability
- How The American Elections Create Jobs
- Unemployment & mental health: How losing your job takes a toll on the psychological state
- View all articles