1. This is a public discussion forum. You must contact State Unemployment authorities to get accurate & up-to-date information.

Employed by agency out of state, but worked in california

Discussion in 'California' started by Kelvin, Mar 25, 2015.

  1. Kelvin

    Kelvin Guest


    I've lived in California all my life, but I was employed by an agency in Georgia to work at a company here in California. I was recently laid off and my question is can I apply and obtain unemployment here in California since I was working, living, and paying taxes here even though my agency is in another state?
  2. Steve

    Steve Administrator

    Please check with your employer before filing. If your employer paid taxes(unemployment) into CA, you can apply from here or GA otherwise.

Share This Page