1. This is a public discussion forum. You must contact State Unemployment authorities to get accurate & up-to-date information.

I live in AZ and receiving UI from AZ too and I will be moving to CA in 2 months..

Discussion in 'California' started by Dan, Aug 28, 2015.

1. Dan

Dan Guest

I got work at California starting on November, 2015 its a 4 month job that ends on March 2016. I've work with this jobs company before and when job ends we receive unemployment benefits. In AZ I started receiving UI since June 2015 for being laid off from a job that lasted from April 2015-June 2015. I am being granted UI by this company in AZ but from my the highest quarter I had before March 2015... I started working with this company on April 2015, so as you can see my weekly amount was determined by the highest quarter I had with another employer before the one that laid me off. Hope, I didn't confuse you all by now, but here comes my main concern. The quarter I had with the company that laid me off and that is currently paying me for unemployment is pretty high, runs from April 2015-June 2015 so im thinking about future and wondering when March 2016 comes and my job ends and I apply for UI in Ca, if approve, I know i will be granted UI for my highest quarter and I sure know my higuest one will be the one from AZ; will CA take this as my highest quarter or would they determined from the higuest quarter done in CA from November 2015-March 2016? Or would they want me to combine claims? If so, in case I had to combine claims, is the CA employer paying for my AZ quarter too? Or will the company from AZ that is currently paying for my UI pay again in 2016? got pretty confused about that, and want to know what to expect when the time comes, hope you guys can help me out. Thanks.

2. Sophie

Sophie Moderator

I guess the best way to get answers for all your questions will be by contacting the labor authorities in your current state by calling them. They will be able to provide the most apt answer.