1. This is a public discussion forum. You must contact State Unemployment authorities to get accurate & up-to-date information.

Quitting Work

Discussion in 'California' started by Blong, Sep 14, 2015.

1. Blong

Blong Guest

I live and work in California, the company I work for has decided to downsize two shifts into one. However the shift they are offering is one I can't work since I'm already attending school and transportation will be a problem since I am carpooling to and from work. I have ask for part time work but was told no. Will I still be eligible for benefits. Thanks

2. Sophie

Sophie Moderator

If you quit based on the circumstances, you will not be eligible since it will be considered voluntary resignation.

3. Natalia Souza

Natalia Souza New Member

My husband's company in Massachusetts told the employees that in a month no one will be able to park the car in the garage, and street park in prohibit in the area.
    We live 25 miles from work and the only solution to so far is to take a train and a subway, but this will cost at least 3x more per day, and by the end of the month it will not be worth at all.
    He is currently looking for something else, but while he can't find, can he quite work and receive unemployment benefit?

4. Sophie

Sophie Moderator

Unfortunately, these reasons may not be considered if he decides to quit. Please tread carefully.