1. This is a public discussion forum. You must contact State Unemployment authorities to get accurate & up-to-date information.

Requalifying earnings

Discussion in 'Utah' started by Angieheidi, Apr 13, 2015.

1. Angieheidi

Angieheidi New Member

I received unemployment from May 2014 to November 2014. My noticed states I have exhausted my unemployment. It shows that I am able to reapply may 2015. Today I was told that my eligibility may or may not occur. It is based on my re-qualifying earnings.

2. Steve

Steve Administrator

This is surprising. One can only receive unemployment compensation for up to 26 weeks. We have no further information on this program.

Please call the claims center/customer service of the labor dept. in your state for further information.

3. Ghetzi

Ghetzi Guest

That is correct. In Utah, once a claim benefit year or funds have been exhausted, you can file a new claim. However, you must have had requalifying earnings which were earned sometime after the earnings you used on your first claim to qualify. There is nothing stating as such in the Claimant Handbook, but it's a reason to disqualify you on a new claim if you've had no new earnings.

Steve likes this.