1. This is a public discussion forum. You must contact State Unemployment authorities to get accurate & up-to-date information.

Retired, Went to work for another company that closed

Discussion in 'California' started by Karen in San Diego, Nov 18, 2015.

  1. Karen in San Diego

    Karen in San Diego New Member

    Four years ago I retired after 30 years with the Teamsters and I receive a monthly pension. I was bored sitting at home, so 1 1/2 years ago I went back to work in a different line of business (no conflict with the union). My new employer has now closed its doors and I am not sure if I may file for unemployment in California. I made enough money with the new employer...is it possible for me to collect both the pension and unemployment?
  2. Sophie

    Sophie Moderator

    You should be able to. Some states are open to providing both.

    Please call the unemployment office in your state and proceed accordingly.

Share This Page