1. This is a public discussion forum. You must contact State Unemployment authorities to get accurate & up-to-date information.

What is a calendar quarter and base year?

Discussion in 'Missouri' started by LittleOlMe, Jul 13, 2017.

1. LittleOlMe

LittleOlMe New Member

What is a calendar quarter in Missouri? For instance, are they January - March, April - June, July - September, and October - December? Or something else? If so, can you explain? Also what is the base period? I'm trying to determine my monetary eligibility based on the criteria you have listed:
    • Make at least $2,250—at least $1,500 during one of the calendar quarters, and at least $750 during the remainder of the base period—from an insured employer during your base period
    • AND your total base period wages must be at least 1.5 times your highest quarter wages.
    • OR you must make at least $19,500 during two of the four base period quarters.
    I have not yet earned $19,500 and I doubt I will earn this amount in Missouri this year. I started working in Missouri beginning March 1st and by the end of this month I will have earned $5,000 gross. I work for an employer as a part-time employee who pays into the UI system.