This site is privately owned and is not affiliated with any government agency.

Delaware Unemployment Benefit Questions

Delaware Unemployment Benefits

How can I calculate my expected weekly benefits?

You can use the Delaware Unemployment Benefits Calculator to estimate your weekly UI benefits.

What do I need to do to be eligible for UI benefits in Delaware?

You must meet monetary and job separation requirements, as well as meet ongoing qualifications when filing weekly claims. Learn more about Delaware unemployment eligibility requirements.

What counts as a base period for calculating my benefits?

The base period in Delaware is the last four of the five complete calendar quarters before you file your new claim.

Can I still receive benefits if I quit my job?

Usually, you won’t receive benefits if you quit voluntarily. Exceptions include unsafe working conditions, domestic violence, medical conditions, or significant changes to your job without your consent.

How do I maintain my eligibility for UI benefits?

You must register at DelawareJobs, upload and update your resume every 3 months, certify for benefits weekly, perform a weekly work search, and attend trainings or meetings if requested.

How can I apply for UI benefits in Delaware?

You can apply online at the DelawareWorks website. Learn more about applying for Delaware unemployment benefits.

How do I file my weekly claims for benefits?

You can request weekly payments online using the WebBenefits website or over the phone using the TeleBenefits system. You’ll be asked a series of questions, so answer truthfully to avoid unemployment fraud.

What happens if I don’t report all my earnings?

Failure to disclose all earnings while requesting payments can result in overpayment due to fraud, disqualification from benefits for one year, and possible legal action.

Is there a way to extend my benefits?

Normally, you can receive benefits for up to 26 weeks. Extended benefits may be provided if the state’s unemployment rate is high. Learn more about Delaware unemployment extensions.

What can I do if I am denied benefits?

You may appeal within 10 calendar days and request a hearing on the facts. The appeal must be filed in writing or in person at your local unemployment insurance office and it must be filed within 10 calendar days. Your signature must be included on the request for appeal.

  • You must file an appeal with the local unemployment insurance office within 10 days.
  • You must appeal in writing or in person. Appeal requests filed by e-mail are not acceptable because the person filing the appeal must sign appeal requests.
  • You must continue to file claims weekly.

What if I have moved to Delaware from an area outside of the state?

Your claim is managed by the laws of the State against which you file. This is called an “Interstate” claim.

The Delaware office will take your claim and forward all the information to the State where you worked. Any benefits you receive will be paid by the State against which you filed and will be mailed directly to your home.

You must meet all the requirements of that state’s laws in order to be eligible. Also, you must be registered for work with the Delaware Job Service when required to do so and must be actively looking for work in the area where you now reside. Since the laws of each state varies, it is possible that your base period, benefit year and check amount will be different from that of a Delaware worker.

  1. I only have 3 weeks left of benefits and I am still having trouble getting a job. Can I file for an extension and if so how?

    • The E.U.C(Emergency Unemployment Compensation) remains expired. There is no extension available. Please inquire further with the labor authorities in your state by calling them.

  2. If I were to be laid-off from my job ,would I qualify for unemployment benefits? I work part time on a regular basis (20-24 hrs per week).

  3. I reside in NJ and have worked in NJ for several years. For the past 5 years I have worked as a consultant for a company whose headquarters are outside of both NJ and DE. I worked on a project located in NJ for the first 2 1/2 years 9/08 to 3/11) with this company. The next 2 1/2 years(3/11 to 10/13) I worked on a project site in DE. Must I apply for UIB in DE? If so, will NJ compensate me for the difference between the maximum amount I would receive from DE ($330/wk) and the maximum amount I would have received from NJ?

  4. I am employed by in Delaware I have a non work place injury which they will not accommodate my doctors restrictions. I have been out of work for 2 weeks now do I qualify for unemployment ?

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *