Florida Unemployment Job Training
Updated : March 9th, 2020
A statewide network of local One-Stop Career Centers offers job training and employment services to link Florida’s job seekers and employers. These career centers offer:
Priority Reemployment Planning Program
The Priority Reemployment Planning (PREP) program provides reemployment services to RA claimants who are profiled as unlikely to return to their previous jobs or occupations and are given assistance early in their claims series.
- Job search for counseling;
- Testing and assessment;
- Occupational and labor market information;
- Job search workshops;
- Referral to potential employers;
- Job Training Assistance.
Visit the One-Stop Career Center nearest you. Details about Career Center locations is obtainable on the Internet.
You are not registered for work if you are:
- not presently residing in Florida,
- on a temporary layoff of not more than 8 weeks,
- a union member who usually obtains work through a union hiring hall, or
- a member in an approved Short-time Compensation plan.
- All About The Families First Coronavirus Response Act
- How To Collect Unemployment Benefits If Coronavirus Has Cost You Your Job
- How To Get A Job If You Have A Disability
- How The American Elections Create Jobs
- Unemployment & mental health: How losing your job takes a toll on the psychological state
- View all articles