Georgia Unemployment Weekly Claims
Updated : June 12th, 2019
In order to keep collecting an unemployment check every week you must file a weekly claim, also known as a weekly certification or continued claim.
The purpose of filing a weekly claim is to tell the unemployment agency that you:
- Are currently looking for work
- Have not done any work this week
- Have not made any money this week
- Have not found another job
- Want to receive an unemployment check or payment this week
Therefore, it is very important to file your weekly claim every week to keep collecting your unemployment check.
If you delay in filing your weekly claim, you may not get your unemployment check in time.