Hawaii Unemployment Application
Updated : January 20th, 2021
If you are applying for unemployment insurance benefits to file a new claim, you can file online, use phone service or report in-person to a local claims office.
To apply online, you must file between the hours of 6:30 amto11:00 pm, Monday to Friday or between 9:00 am to11:00 pm on weekends and holidays (Hawaii Standard Time). When filing online, you must print your confirmation page at the end and follow all instructions provided to you on the website after your application has been completed.
To apply by phone in Hawaii, call Hawaii Tele-Claim at 643-5555. If you are in another State, Washington D.C., Puerto Rico, the Virgin Islands, or Canada, call 1-877-215-5793. If you are anywhere else outside of Hawaii, you will not be able to complete your call and file a claim because Hawaii does not reciprocal claim filing agreement with other countries.
If you are hearing-impaired, call your Telecommunications Relay Service (TRS) and advise the TRS assistant to call 643-5555 and select Option 2 from the menu.
Hours of calling:
- Sunday 9:00 am to 11 pm,
- Monday to Thursday 6:30 am to 11 pm,
- Friday 6:30 am to 4:30 pm, Hawaii Standard Time.
(If Friday is a holiday inHawaii, then Thursday’s hours will be from 6:30 am to 4:30 pm)
Note: Services not available on Saturday & Holidays.
Attention: Calls to Hawaii Tele-Claim may not be connected if you are using a cellular phone in the State of Hawaii with an out-of-state phone number or if you are outside the State of Hawaii and using a cellular phone with a Hawaii number. If this situation occurs, use a landline to place your call.
Information needed while filing:
- Your social security number
- If you are not a U.S. citizen, you need your alien registration number.
- Your employment information for the past 18 months, including employer’s name, address, zip-code, phone number, dates of employment, and reason for separation.
- If you were separated from active duty military, you need your DD214 member 4 copy. Do not delay your filing if you do not have your DD214. You can provide this documentation at a later date.
- If you were in federal employment, you need your SF8 or SF50 or paystubs.
Want to know about how much you will receive?? —–>Calculate your benefits here
Unemployed?? ——>Check your eligibility for unemployment benefits