Hawaii Unemployment Job Training
Updated : June 19th, 2019
WDD is a part of the Hawaii State Department of Labor & Industrial Relations (DLIR). This division provides the following core services and programs to job seekers and employers:
1) Free job referral and search assistance for both job seekers and employers.
2) Develop and maintain partnerships with private and public sector stakeholders to meet various emerging trends, advancements in technology and other issues facing our economy.
3) Collaborate with educators, employers, and labor unions to identify basic skills of all workforce entrants.
4) Provide consultative and support services to both employers and laid-off workers in times of financial trouble.
Employment and Training Services Available to Dislocated Workers
Under the Workforce Investment Act (WIA), comprehensive employment and training services are available to help workers cope with the trauma of layoff and to assist them with their efforts to become reemployed. These services include:
Retraining services to improve worker skills and retrain workers for new careers such as:
a) On the job training
b) Classroom training (basic – vocational)
c) Other services to help a worker make the transition to a new job such as:15
d) Vocational counseling
f) Job placement
g) Support services
Contact one of the Workforce Development Division (WDD) offices listed below for more information.
|WDD Office||Address||Contact Information|
|Honolulu Office||830 Punchbowl St, Rm 112, Honolulu, HI 96813-5080||Ph: (808) 586-8700|
|Dillingham Shopping Plaza||1505 Dillingham Blvd, Rm 110, Honolulu, HI 96817-4822||Ph: (808) 843-0733 ext. 225|
|Waipahu Civic Center||94-275 Mokuola St, Rm 300, Waipahu, HI 96797-3369||Ph: (808) 675-0010|
|Kaneohe Office||46-005 Kawa St, Ste 205, Kaneohe, HI 96744||Ph: (808) 233-3700|
|Waialua Sugar Mill|
|67-106 Kealohanui St, Waialua, HI 96791||Ph: (808) 637-6508|
|Hauula Civic Center||54-010 Kukuna St, Hauula, HI 96717||Ph: (808) 293-2626|
|Hilo One-Stop Center||1990 Kinoole St, Rm 102, Hilo, HI 96720-5293||Ph: (808) 981-2860,|
Fax: (808) 981-2880
|Kailua-Kona One-Stop Center||74-5565 Luhia St, Ste C4. Kailua-Kona, HI , 96740-3124||Ph: (808) 327-4770|
|Maui One-Stop Career Resource Center,||2064 Wells St, Rm 108, Wailuku, HI 96793-2251||Ph: (808) 984-2091|
|Molokai WDD||55 Makaena Pl, Rm 4, PO Box 929, Kaunakakai, HI 96748-0929||Ph: (808) 553-1755|
|Kauai Workwise!||Kauai Workwise!, 3-3100 Kuhio Hwy, Rm C9, Lihue, HI 96766-1153||Ph: (808) 274-3056|
- All About The Families First Coronavirus Response Act
- How To Collect Unemployment Benefits If Coronavirus Has Cost You Your Job
- How To Get A Job If You Have A Disability
- How The American Elections Create Jobs
- Unemployment & mental health: How losing your job takes a toll on the psychological state
- View all articles