Illinois Unemployment Application
Updated : June 25th, 2019
Ways To Claim Benefits –
- Apply Online: This the fastest and easiest way to claim Unemployment Insurance. Establish a username and password to begin your claim. Write down your log-in information for future reference. Keeping information and paper work handy will help you file within 30 to 45 minutes.
- File over the Phone: Call IDES at (800) 244-5631 between 8:30 a.m. and 5 p.m., Monday through Friday, except for state holidays. Hearing-impaired applicants can call (866) 322-8357.
- Visit your Local IDES Office: Find the nearest IDES office and submit your claim in-person. Expect to wait in line and be sure to bring the required documents. Regular office hours are 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM, Monday through Friday, except State holidays.
Information required to file an Unemployment Insurance (UI) claim online –
Personal Information –
- Social Security Number and Name as it appears on your Social Security card.
- If claiming your spouse or child as dependents, the Social Security Number, Date of Birth and name of dependent(s).
- If you are not a United States citizen, your Alien Registration Information.
Employment History –
Employer’s name, mailing address, phone numbers, employment dates and separation reason for all the employers you worked for in the last 18 months.
Gross Wages –
- Gross wages are the amount earned before any deductions, not “take home pay”.
- You must report all gross wages for any work performed, full or part-time. Wages in the form of lodging, meals, merchandise or any other form should be included.
- Gross wages must be reported the week in which they are earned, not the week in which you receive the wages.
- If your gross wages earned in any week are less than your weekly benefit amount, you still may be eligible to receive a full or partial benefit payment.
If you are a recently separated veteran, bring in the Member 4 Copy of the DD form 214 / 215.
Information required to file an Unemployment Insurance claim at my local office or WorkNet center –
In addition to everything listed above, you will need –
Two forms of identification, at least one containing your Social Security number.
More on Illinois Unemployment –
Want to know how much you will receive as unemployment benefits? Calculate Benefits
Got questions? Here is our Q&A Section
Determine you eligibility to receive unemployment benefits in the state of Illinois –> Check Eligibility