Apply For Benefits-Illinois

Apply for Unemployment Benefits via call

CALL: (800) 244-5631; TTY TTY (866) 488-4016. Employer Hotline: (800) 247-4984; Employers calling for assistance: (877) 342-7533; Media Inquiry - (877) 566-6230

  1. I work for a franchise of small casino’s in Las Vegas. We get paid min wage. I can almost guarantee you, we get harassed every night. I’ve had all the windows in my car broken out. I’ve had my car egged. I’ve had my life threatened. I work in an environment where drug deals are going down in the parking lot or the restrooms. The homeless come in and try to make a campsite. I’ve had to deal with customers that get intoxicated or came in intoxicated and are obnoxious. Management isn’t maintaining the machines, it’s the same problem day after day. When I walk into work, I feel I’ve gained 200lbs. I’m depressed and I don’t want to be there! Most importantly, it’s just getting worse. Can I quit my job and get unemployment, until I find another job? I can’t do it anymore, I HATE it!

    1. John,

      I can understand your situation. You can be eligible to resign and claim UI benefits under hostile working conditions. I suggest you call the Unemployment Office for clarification before making a decision.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Please answer a simple Math question: *