Indiana Unemployment Application
Updated : June 19th, 2019
1. Apply Online:
- To apply online for unemployment benefits, go to the Uplink service of the Indiana Department of Workforce Development (24 hours a day, 7 days a week)
- Watch the online filing tutorial before filing to prevent errors, which may delay your claim
- Follow the instructions given for filing a claim
- Be sure to turn off any “POP-UP BLOCKER” on the computer you are using. Important information may appear in pop-up windows, both at the time of initially filing and also when completing weekly vouchers.
2. If you do not have Internet access, you can apply at your local WorkOne Center.
3. To apply by phone you can call at toll free 1-800-891-6499, 8:00 to 5:00 Monday-Tuesday and 8:00 to 4:30 Wednesday-Friday.
Information You Must Provide
You will need to provide DWD with the following information to file your claim. In case you are visiting a WorkOne Center, please bring this information with you on your first visit.
- Your complete name, address and zip code
- Your Social Security number (your claim will not be processed without it)
- Personal identification (i.e., driver’s license, photo ID, alien card)
- Name, address and telephone number of your last employer
- Dates worked at your last place of employment
- The reason you are unemployed
TIP: Bring your latest check stub from your most recent employer with you.
Want to know about how much you will receive?? —–>Calculate your benefits here
Unemployed?? ——>Check your eligibility for unemployment benefits