Indiana Unemployment Phone Numbers

If you would like to have more information on the Indiana Department of Workforce Development and about programs and services, contact at one of the following:

Benefit Call Center Hours and Phone Number:

Phone: toll-free 1-800-891-6499 or 1-317-232-7560 (TDD)


  • 8:00 to 5:00 Monday-Tuesday
  • 8:00 to 4:30 Wednesday-Friday

Tax Call Center Hours and Phone Number:

Phone: 1-800-437-9136

Hours: 8:00 to 5:00 Monday-Friday

If the information is incorrect on your Wage Transcript and Benefit Computation:

  • Call DWD (Department of Workforce Development) toll-free at 1-800-891-6499
  • Residents of Marion County dial 317-232-7436
  • If you are hearing impaired, call at 317-232-7560

If you want information about your debit card account call the ACS (Affiliated Computer Services) Call Center at 1-888-393-5866.

Be prepared for long waits as many people try to do the same thing that you are. Remain calm and polite and you will get through to someone who can assist you. The staffers on the line are over-worked and do every possible thing they can do in order to help you.


  1. According to the Indiana DWD Adjudication Department, if you own and operate a small business in Indiana and were not able to regularly pay yourself prior to the pandemic because you were paying everyone else and trying to keep the business from closing for the past three years YOU ARE NOT SELF-EMPLOYED! If the pandemic then eliminated your small business’s ability to generate revenue, you’re not eligible for PUA. They’ll award you tens-of-thousands of dollars in PUA benefits for a year and then demand all the money back when the small business owner is deemed ineligible because the are not self-employed, unemployed, or partially employed. Just a warning to all hard-working, selfless small business owners that Indiana DWD doesn’t believe you are self-employed if you’re paying everyone else but haven’t paid yourself regularly yet in order to keep the business going, but you are also not unemployed and not partially employed either and therefore not eligible for PUA benefits. Let that sink in.

  2. I have had a claim investigation for over 6 months… I have called about it but they say an investigator will call me
    What should i do?????

    1. Its been over 2 months on mine no claims investigator is working on mine im up for eviction and lights due to be cut off? I get no answers i call everyday all week long

      1. Nichole,

        There will be an intermittent delay due to a high number of pending applications. Please follow up regularly and consider the option of visiting an office if safe and feasible.

    2. I’m having the same freaking issue and I call everyday to hear the same thing!]!! This is down right insane. Did you get t figured out and If so how? Please help

    3. I have been waiting since may for them to take the attention hold off my account I’m late on bills and they say the same stuff everyday I call I’m waiting on someone to look over my claim

      1. Laquisha,

        Please consider the option of visiting an office in the vicinity if safe and feasible (you might be required to book an appointment prior to the website).

    1. Nate,

      Have you been applying regularly to claim your weekly benefits? If “Yes”, please speak to a Claims Representative for an update.

      1. I’m in the same boat. I’ve been waiting since December and keep being told to wait for an adjuster to call. Are they even working?

        1. Dan,

          I can understand your situation. There will be a delay considering the number of applications that are being processed. Please continue chasing the office/check your status online at regular intervals until payments normalize.

    2. I have forgot both password and username!
      I need your help to get paper for my tax return. Thank you so much in advance.

  3. I’ve been trying to get in contact with special claims to verify my identity to fix my birthday on my account I’ve been emailing and facing them for the past 5 months they still have not fixed my birthday which is holding up my benefits I have now lost everything due to no income

        1. Laura,

          I don’t think you will be able to reach out to them directly. Please call the generic helpline number.

        2. Hi LauraI had a claims investigationAll my vouchersWe’re staying claims investigationThey went from that to no issues found But still no benefits paid out

    1. What does qualified with relief mean on your weekly voucher mean? I still have not received my first payment.

      1. Trisha,

        I am not completely sure what it means. However, I am pretty sure the payment is on its way! Please call the Claims Center for further information.

  4. Total B.S. system. They put you through to an automated menu system and tell you they will call you back in 24 to 48 hours. If you have accidentally stepped on one of their land mines in the claim filing process and answered a question incorrectly, you are effectively hosed. That is what Indiana likes, that they don’t have to pay out claims on minor technicalities. Big Republican government taking care of its big business cronies while the general population struggles.

  5. I need my statement of benefits paid to me in 2018 to file my tax returns. Why have they not arrived in my mail box yet?

    1. Tony,

      You need to ask for a 1099-G which should be available for a free download on the unemployment website. Please visit the website and look out for the “download” option on the homepage. If you’re unable to find it, please call the Claims Center.

  6. Hi … My question is, Which state do I apply for my Unemployment Benefits? The company is in Indiana, but I live in Maryland. I was a truck driver, just coming out of the Hospital.

      1. I have questions or concerns about my unemployment I haven’t received any and he’s been hard I have no job I just been trying to talk to the agent on number

        1. Juante,

          I can understand your situation. There will be a delay considering the number of applications that are being processed. Please continue chasing the office/check your status online at regular intervals

  7. I filed a claim and have a return work date but I put I was searching for work on the claim and they denied it can I change the answer still?

    1. William,

      Please call the Claims Center and speak to a representative for further instructions. I am not sure if you can go back and change.

  8. Received a severance package from my work – I was not ready to leave – after the 6 months when the package runs out and if I have not found a job. Will I be available for unemployment for Indiana

  9. Can you file for unemployment if you work full time but have recently not been getting all of your hours. Example worked 22 hours regular full time hours 37.5, have been getting called off due to not having enough patients at our hospital. I have also used all of my paid time off as well.

  10. I am trying to get my 2011 and 2012 1099 statement that shows my unemployment for those two years. What is the best way to get that?

    1. I am not sure if you can have immediate access to the documents from the past.

      Please call the Unemployment Office for further details.

      1. My name is Rhonda Peconge. Amber Smith called me at 1:05 on Oct 21. She left me a message to get in touch by Oct 23rd at 1:15. I have called her 5 times ar 317-234-0750 and left a message every time. No at 10:14 on the 23rd my time is running out. Please respond

        1. Rhonda,

          Please note this is a private forum and we do not have connection with the Unemployment authorities. Please call the Claims Center for immediate help.

  11. I have moved to another State. How do I get my information so I can have my taxs done? I need my w2s when I was on unemployment. Thanks, Tom

    1. Please contact your employer for W 2 for the period of employment with them.This is a forum on unemployment benefits.

  12. Hi I filed a claim in August and faxed back in other information requested and still have not heard. i can not seem to reach anyone to see what the status is. Thank you for your help.

  13. I have been trying to file a claim, but am having difficulty downloading the information to read before filing

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.