This site is privately owned and is not affiliated with any government agency.

Iowa Unemployment Application

There are several ways you can apply for benefits.

  1. The fastest, most efficient way to apply for benefits (file your initial claim) is online. The Internet filing option is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week — it’s always open!
  2. You may also visit your nearest IowaWORKS Center or Access Point and use a computer there to apply for benefits or complete a paper application.
  3. If your employer is participating in employer-filed claims, your employer may file your application on your behalf.

If you do not live in Iowa, you may call the Interstate line toll free at (866) 239-0843.

Note: The on-line claim application currently cannot be accessed using WebTV, PDAs, handheld computers, smart phones, and similar systems.

Access Points Located at each Access Point there is a Virtual Desktop with a Virtual Desktop Guide. Together they contain resources and tools to help you through your unemployment and to help you find your new job.

Exploring the services provided to you on the Virtual Desktop and in the accompanying guide, will help you understand and follow the requirements needed for unemployment insurance claims and file your unemployment insurance claim. You may also chat with a workforce advisor if you have any questions, search for jobs effectively, and explore employment services provided at IowaWORKS One-Stop Center locations, in addition to other helpful services.

Please remember that regardless of the method used to file your application, your claim will be made effective the Sunday of the week in which your application was filed and you must report your continued claim each week to certify your eligibility.

No matter what method you choose to file you will need to have the following information:

  • Your Social Security number;
  • The name, address and telephone number of your most recent employer, and the beginning and ending dates you worked for that employer;
  • An Alien Registration number, if you are not a U.S. citizen;
  • A DD-214 (Member 4), if you served in the U.S. military during the last 18 months;
  • An SF-8 form, if you worked for the federal government in the last 18 months;
  • The name(s) of anyone you will be claiming as a dependent, up to a maximum of four;
  • The amount your spouse earned in the preceding week, if you want to claim your spouse as a dependent (must be $120 or less to be claimed).

Want to know about how much you will receive?? —–>Calculate your benefits here

Read Frequently Asked Questions for Claimants in Iowa

Unemployed?? ——>Check your eligibility for unemployment benefits

  1. Please help me in my financial situation I am currently looking for a job and will not attempt to take advantage of the unemployment district. I just need to get by until I am employed again. As soon as that day comes I will end all unemployment.

    • Why don’t you rev up your job search by looking for jobs online? Over the internet. You can also inquire and attend job assistance services by state authorities.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *