Iowa Unemployment Weekly Claims
Updated : February 18th, 2021
Most Iowans may collect unemployment insurance benefits for up to 26 weeks, and in some cases 39 weeks. To receive payments after you have filed your initial claim, you must confirm your eligibility every week using the continued claims reporting system.
You can file through Internet by filling On-Line web application
Interactive Voice Response (IVR) – (800) 850-5627
10 a.m., Saturday to 11:30 p.m., Sunday or,
7:30 a.m. to 4:59 p.m., Monday through Friday
Phone lines are very busy on Saturday afternoon. Please use the on-line application or call on Sunday or Monday to avoid a busy signal.
Note: Your payment will not be delayed if you file your continued claim on Sunday or Monday.
When you file your continued claim, you will be asked a series of questions to certify that you:
- Are unemployed or working only reduced hours;
- Are able and available for work;
- Have not refused any job offers or referrals;
- Are actively looking for work (unless waived); and
- Are reporting any pay or pension you may be receiving.