Kentucky Unemployment Phone Numbers
In addition to making an in-person visit, you may find yourself needing to connect with a Kentucky unemployment insurance expert by phone. Below are some of the most commonly used and most helpful phone numbers for a Kentucky unemployment claimant.
KY Unemployment Phone Numbers
- General information: 1-502-564-2900
- Specialized services for those with disabilities: 1-800-648-6057
- File an initial unemployment claim: 1-502-875-0442
- Request a payment: 1-877-369-5984
- Office of Employment and Training: 502.564.7456
- An unemployment claim filed on your behalf by an employer: 502-564-2369.
- An unemployment claim for a Kentucky employer when you reside in another state: 502-564-2384
- An unemployment claim that combines wages earned in Kentucky with wages earned in another state: 502-564-3240
- An unemployment claim separation: 502-564-0020
- A federal/military unemployment claim: 502-564-3240
- Overpayment recovery questions: 502-564-2387
- A lien was filed against you because of an unemployment insurance overpayment: 502-564-2387
- A potential or pending appeal: 502-564-3925
- Reporting possible fraudulent unemployment claim, identity theft, or other unemployment benefits fraud: 502-564-2387
Depending on your specific questions and the area of the Kentucky unemployment office you’re trying to contact, you should probably be prepared to wait on hold. If you’re patient and hang in there, you can likely get through to the area you need, and you’ll be able to talk with a customer service representative who can provide assistance.
Information and Documents Needed When You Contact Kentucky Unemployment
Whether you’re talking with a customer service representative in person or over the phone, it’s important to make sure you have all the appropriate information in front of you – this is tremendously helpful in making sure your representative can access information about your claim and help you with your eligibility questions.
First, you’ll need all your relevant claimant information. This includes:
- Your name
- Your physical address
- Your phone number
- Social Security number
- Date of birth
- If you are not a U.S. citizen, you will need to provide your alien registration number
You will also need to provide your reason for losing your job. Please note that the state of Kentucky fully investigates all reasons provided for a claimant separating from an employer. This is an important point to keep in mind – most notably, your reason for losing employment and the reason your employer provides for your separation must be in alignment in order to support your eligibility.
If your reason for losing your job is in conflict with your employer’s reasoning or otherwise disqualifies you from being eligible for UI benefits, you will have the chance to file an appeal. You should also know that your employer will have an opportunity to appeal if they disagree with the eligibility decision regarding your Kentucky unemployment claim.
Additional information and documents:
You will need the company/organization name, physical address, and phone number for each place you worked within the last 18 months. In addition, you’ll need to provide your dates of employment and the reason you are no longer with each organization.
If you worked in another state, worked for the federal government, worked for a temporary agency, served in the U.S. military, or worked through a skilled trade union, you’ll need to provide all applicable information about this work as well.
- Unemployment Insurance claimants who do not have access to the Internet or who speak Spanish can call 502-875-0442 Monday through Friday between 7:30 a.m. and 5:30 p.m., Eastern Time, to file their initial claim or reopen claims by telephone. This is not a toll-free number
- To request your bi-weekly benefit check by telephone, call 1-877-3my-kyui or (877) 369-5984 (toll free). You cannot request an Extended Benefits (EB) check over the telephone
- You can use Voice Response Unit (VRU) and a touchtone phone to check the status of your weekly claims. This service is available on Monday through Friday from 7 a.m to 7 p.m, and Sunday 10 a.m to 9 p.m ET
- If you have Unemployment Insurance questions, you can call at 502/564-2900.
- To contact Office of Employment and Training, you can call 502.564.7456 or fax at 502.564.7459
- To contact Kentucky Commission on the Deaf and Hard of Hearing, you can call 1-800-648-6057
Be prepared for long wait times because many people try contacting the staff. Remain patient and you will get through to someone who can assist you with your queries.