All States » Louisiana

Louisiana Unemployment Benefit Questions

How should I file if I worked in another state or more than one state?

No matter in which state you may have worked, or in which state you may now live, you can file your UI claim in the Job Center closest to your current place of residence. Personnel in that office will assist you in determining against which state you should file. There is a Job Center or a State Employment Office in nearly every large town in the United States. Click here to find an office near you.

When will I receive my first payment?

It may be 3 or 4 days after you file your weekly claim before the benefits are available through the debit card. You may inquire about the balance on the card, without charge, by contacting the customer service center listed on the card. If you have problems with the debit card, contact Chase Bank at 1-866-795-5926.

What happens after the appeal is filed?

When an appeal is filed, you will be mailed a letter acknowledging receipt of your appeal. If you do not receive an acknowledgement letter within 10 days of the date you filed the appeal, contact the U.I. Call Center at 1-866-783-5567 for assistance. When the acknowledgement letter is generated, the appeal is sent to the Appeals Section where an Administrative Law Judge reviews it and then schedules it for a hearing.

How can I get records for proof of the amounts of unemployment benefits that I received or am entitled to receive?

You should send a written request for this information to the Unemployment Insurance Custodian of Records. You must include your social security number, your name and return address.

This request should be mailed to:
Louisiana Workforce Commission
UI Custodian of Records
Room 390
P. O. Box 44094
Baton Rouge, LA 70804-9094

For additional information, call (225) 342-3018.

More Questions?? —-> Read Benefit Q & A Section

Questions & Answers

  1. Joe Corby says:

    Is a church employee eligible for unemployment benefits if terminated because of a reorganization?

  2. Dolores says:

    I am currently working as a remote worker. The company has change and now wants employees within the state to drive into the office. The office is located about 35 miles from my home. If I quit can I collect my unemployment benefits?

    • Sam says:


      I am guessing you should be able to claim UI benefits on the said grounds. Please make sure to confirm with the Unemployment Office before making a decision.

  3. Linda says:

    I am receiving Social Security Benefits, but my contract on the job has ended. Am I entitled to unemployment benefit? If, so, when can I start receiving?

  4. roger anderson says:

    I worked for a oilfield service company. I am still on the call out board but I do not receive any money or benefits and have not worked in the last 6 months. In addition they say there is no work. Can I file for unemployment benefits?

    • Sam says:

      It depends on the type of employment.

      Please call the Unemployment Office for details or inquire with your employer if you’re eligible.

  5. George J Smith Jr. says:

    I have tried filing for unemployment July of last year. I have yet to receive any pay at all. The forms that I tried to fill out would outlet me get past the credit check which I also applied for and got my score which was an average of 750. After I got the scores the form would not let ne complete the application. I tried this about three times or more and with the same results.
    I am now 73 years old and have never received any unemployment compensation. I only have social security coming in. I sure could use the pay I am due. I was laid off. What can I do to get some pay?

    • Martin says:

      If you have already filed for Unemployment Compensation, please call the Unemployment Office for an update on the status.

      Alternatively, you can also visit the nearest office.

  6. Jeremy says:

    I resigned from my last job, and have been getting commissions from sales at a local business, I am no longer making commissions as sales have dropped. I am actively looking for a job, but will probably need unemployment assistance very soon. This would be my first time receiving these benefits. How should I proceed?

    • Martin says:

      Firstly, call the claims center of the Unemployment Office in your state and check if you’re eligible for a job that provided commission based income.

      If they’re ok, file online or over the phone.

  7. Billy richards says:

    When will i receive my weekly benefit if i filed sundaytrough check mailed

    • Martin says:

      If there is a delay beyond the turnaround time, please contact the claims center by calling them on the phone numbers provided.

      We’re not associated with govt. authorities.

  8. Corey says:

    When I file a claim, does my most recent employer see where I worked in the past? What information is he provided?

    • Adrian says:

      I am afraid, we do not have any further details on this.

      Please check with the labor authorities in your state by calling them.

  9. Christy says:

    I have been a stay at home mom for 16 years. My husband left me and moved to Tennessee. Am I eligible for any benefits? He is not working that I know of.

    • Adrian says:

      You may not be eligible as you must have worked for at least an year before applying for UI benefits.

      Please look for jobs that suit your requirement.

  10. Troy Meche says:

    How do I get a duplicate debit card?

    • Adrian says:

      Not sure what debit card you’re talking about.If it was a card issued by the bank,you must contact bank authorities or customer service.

Post Your Question

forum link

Please answer a simple Math question: *