Louisiana Unemployment Job Training
HiRE is the Louisiana Workforce Commission’s improved self-service system. HiRE offers employment services that were formerly available in the Louisiana Virtual One Stop as well as unemployment benefit services.
This site is a powerful online job seeker/workforce services system, accessed as a web site on the Internet or an Intranet at a OneStop Center. It was particularly designed for job seekers, students, case managers, employers, training providers, workforce professionals, and others seeking benefits and services. The system provides fast access to a complete set of employment tools in one web site.
Features to help job seekers within the system include:
- Use a professional format to create and send resumes and cover letters to employers
- Assess your job skills, set goals, and research training providers
- Review available jobs and apply online
- Set up a Virtual Recruiter search agent to automatically review job postings and notify you of jobs that match your skills
- Track your job search efforts and resumes sent in a personal profile folder online
- Learn about services and benefits for which you may be eligible
- Determine a budget and plan for training
- Research regional labor market information, such as salaries
- Use the email/message center to contact employers and your case manager