Louisiana Unemployment Phone Numbers
The Interactive Voice Response (IVR) System, “Easy Call,” gives user-friendly access to general information concerning services provided by the different offices of the Louisiana Workforce Commission and provides certain services by telephone rather than in person or by mail.
You may call for general information and to find out about your benefits Tuesday through Saturday. No payment information is available on Monday, as claims filed late Friday through Monday are not processed until Monday night.
To file your initial and continued claim, call the “Easy Call” number 1-866-783-5567 (toll-free).
You can also call to this number:
- If you have any questions about how to complete the answers or how to use this Voice Response System
- To request any prior weeks or for any problems you may have
- If you believe someone has accessed your claim file
- If you believe the total wages in covered employment shown on your monetary determination is wrong or incomplete
Note: When you file a reconsideration, you must have your monetary determination, your Social Security Card, W-2 form, check stubs or any other proof of wages earned, and the name(s) and address(es) of employers that you worked for during the base period of your claim.
If you are disconnected or hang up before the system tells you that your claim has been processed, you will have to call again to file your claim. You will have five seconds to respond to the message, and then the selections will be repeated. If there is no response after the second time, the system will disconnect.
If you get a busy signal when you are trying to file your claims, wait a few minutes and try again.
- All About The Families First Coronavirus Response Act
- How To Collect Unemployment Benefits If Coronavirus Has Cost You Your Job
- How To Get A Job If You Have A Disability
- How The American Elections Create Jobs
- Unemployment & mental health: How losing your job takes a toll on the psychological state
- View all articles