Louisiana Unemployment Weekly Claims
Updated : February 18th, 2021
Effective Monday, March 11, 2013, all claims for unemployment benefits made online will be done through new HiRE system. HiRE will replace the Louisiana Virtual One Stop system.
- All local telephone numbers for the “Easy Call System” have been deactivated. To file for weekly Unemployment Insurance benefits from a telephone or if you have questions concerning your Unemployment Insurance claim and need to speak with us, please call the “Easy Call System” at the toll free number 1-866-783-5567.
- To file your continued claim for unemployment benefits by telephone safely, you must call each week by conventional “corded” telephone. A cordless or cellular telephone may compromise confidentiality or emit signals affected by interference or static. The quality of your telephone connection is important for the proper processing of your weekly claim.
Hire’s Weekly Claim Certification functionality permits you to file and review your unemployment insurance claims from previous weeks and filing online, as well as continuing an active claim. You will no longer use your SSN and PIN to file online for weekly benefits.
You should come prepared with the following to file your weekly certification claim:
- Updated Contact Information
- Contact Employers (3+)
- Amount of severance, vacation, retirement, and other types of pay
- Information to complete “Fact Finding Forms” regarding school, retirement and refusal to work
Remember: The jobseeker must also have an active UI claim in order to file a new Weekly Claim Certificate.