All States » Maryland

Maryland Unemployment Phone Number

The Division of Unemployment Insurance carries out almost all business by telephone.

If you live in a state other than Maryland and do not normally commute to Maryland to work, you must file your claim in an office that is located in your state of residence. Please check your local state of residence telephone book for information.

Hours of Operation: 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Eastern Time, Monday through Friday.

File your claim in the claim center located closest to your home.

Location Phone Number to File a Claim Area Served


Baltimore Metro South

Claims Center



(toll free)

Baltimore City

Anne Arundel County

Howard County

College Park

Claim Center



(toll free)

Calvert County

Charles County

Montgomery County

Prince George’s County

St. Mary’s County


Cumberland Center Claim 301-723-2000


(toll free)

Allegany County

Frederick County

Garrett County

Washington County


Salisbury Claim Center




(toll free)


Caroline County

Dorchester County

Kent County

Queen Anne’s County

Somerset County

Talbot County

Wicomico County

Worcester County

Towson Claim Center




(toll free)

Baltimore County

Carroll County

Cecil County

Harford County

Questions & Answers

  1. Mary R Crocetti says:

    How do I get a Form stating I do not have any income?

  2. B.p says:

    Was suppose to receive call back from unemployment last week after my employer answered, to date I haven’t received a denial letter or my payments. Unable to follow up as I cant reach anyone by phone, how do I find out the status of my claim?

  3. christian A Mitchell says:

    I have returned to work as of yesterday 4-3-2017
    how do I stop my claim for benefits

    • Sam says:

      You can simply stop claiming weekly benefits.

      I suggest you call the Claims Center and speak to them for clarification in this regard.

  4. Joanah Hall says:

    My hours have been cut at my current employment. How do I fill for partial unemployment in Maryland?

  5. LaShinya Davis says:

    I work for a contracting company and will be layed off 31 Mar 16, when can I apply for unemployment?

    • Martin says:

      If you’re on permanent rolls and getting laid off due to involuntary reasons, you can apply immediately for UI benefits.

  6. Candace A Smith says:

    I was being harassed by my new Unit Director and I filed a grievance against her and asked to be removed from her unit as it had become a Hostile workplace I went to work today and was told they don’t have any jobs for me I live in Pa but have always worked in MD.What should be my next step?.

    • Adrian says:

      Please see if you can escalate the situation to the top management or human resource representative to see if you can find any relief as this seems to be a case of vengeance. If you believe that you are not at fault, you must brave all odds.
      If you’re fired, you may look at filing for UI benefits until you find a job.The state also provides job assistance in this regard.

  7. Raynard Blount says:

    Hello’ I need help in locating someone to document my status of an address change. my past address was,3041 Spaulding Avenue, Baltimore Maryland 21215. My contact number is #443-635-6183> However, the landlord refuses to indicate or give me any mail that comes from your office and his girl friend stated that he opens my mail. He will try to claim that he’s me and order a new card with a new pin to collect my benefits. Can someone please call me and my last digits of SS# 6603. Thank you for taking the time to read this short note.

Post Your Question

forum link

Please answer a simple Math question: *