Michigan Unemployment Application
Updated : February 4th, 2021
Once you become unemployed, you have two ways in which to file a claim for unemployment benefits in Michigan. You can file a new claim or reopen an existing claim for benefits by:
Telephone by calling our special toll-free telephone number – 1-866-500-0017. You can call and file by using a touch-tone telephone from anywhere in the United States and Canada. Your scheduled time for filing by phone is based on the last two digits of your Social Security number. For TTY callers, use 1-866-366-0004.
Schedule for filing by phone Based on last 2 digits of Social Security number
|Time||Monday||Tuesday||Wednesday||Thursday & Friday|
|8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.||00-15||34-48||67-81||OPENCALL-IN|
|12:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.||16-33||49-66||82-99||OPENCALL-IN|
Internet. File an unemployment claim using our convenient Internet Filed Claims service. The online application is available from 7:00 a.m. Monday to 7:00 p.m. Saturday (Eastern Time).
What you Need?
- Your Social Security Number,
- Your driver’s license or,
- State ID number or,
- Your Personal Identification Number (MARVIN PIN) from a previous claim.
- If you are NOT a citizen or national of the United States, you will need your Alien Registration Number and the expiration date of your work authorization,
- The names and addresses of employers you have worked for in the past 18 months with your quarterly gross earnings and the last date of employment with each employer.
Want to know about how much you will receive?? —–>Calculate your benefits here
Unemployed?? ——>Check your eligibility for unemployment benefits