Max. Weekly Benefit Amount
Max. Weeks of Benefits
Current Jobless Rate
Max Weekly Benefit Amount
Max Weeks of benefits
Current Jobless rate

Updated : December 7th, 2021

Michigan Unemployment Benefits

Unemployment Insurance (UI) is handled by The Department of Talent and Economic Development in the state of Michigan. The department offers monetary benefits to those who have lost jobs through no fault of their own.

The department also offers various other services to make the claimants of the UI benefits more competent and help them get jobs easily. The following information will help you understand the criteria for eligibility, how to apply, how much benefits you may approximately receive and other information that you will need to know throughout the times you receive unemployment benefits.

Eligibility To Apply for UI Benefits in Michigan

To be eligible for unemployment benefits in Michigan, you are expected to meet monetary, work separation and job search requirements to gain and maintain eligibility for unemployment benefits.

Monetary Eligibility

To gain monetary eligibility for unemployment benefits in Michigan, you must make sure that you have enough wages in your base period. The state of Michigan evaluates your monetary eligibility using one of the two types of base period calculations – Standard Base Period and Alternative Base Period.

The Department of Talent and Economic Development first looks into the wages you have earned in your Standard Base Period. This period consists of four calendar quarters, and the wages earned in the first four of the last five calendar quarters will be considered for eligibility. 

The following criteria must be fulfilled to be considered eligible:

  • You must have received wages in at least two calendar quarters in the Standard Base Period
  • In your quarter you earned your highest wages in the base period, you earned at least $3,598
  • The total base period wages must be at least 1.5 times more than the wages earned in the highest earning quarter

If you fail to meet the criteria through the standard base period calculations, the department will automatically look into the Alternative Base Period. As per the Alternative Base Period, wages earned in the last four calendar quarters will be considered for determining eligibility.

The state of Michigan offers a third option to those who do not have the wages to qualify in the Standard Base Period or in the Alternative Period, called the Alternative Earnings Qualifier. As per this:

  • You must have wages in at least two calendar quarters in the base period
  • The wages earned in the highest earning quarter must be at least 20 times the State Average Weekly Wage

The Weekly Benefit Amount (WBA), or the amount you may receive if you qualify for the unemployment benefits, is determined by the quarterly wages. The maximum WBA that an applicant can earn in Michigan is $362.

The benefit period or the number of weeks you would receive the monetary benefits is also based on the wages earned in the base period. To determine the benefit period, your total base period wages are multiplied by 43 percent and are divided by your WBA. The maximum number of weeks one may be eligible for is 20 weeks and the minimum is for 14 weeks.

Find out more about eligibility requirements

Job Separation

The reason for your separation from your previous organization is crucial to determine your eligibility for unemployment benefits. There are certain preconditions that you must satisfy to gain eligibility for unemployment benefits in Michigan. They include:

  • You must have lost the job due to no fault of your own
  • You were asked to leave from your organization or your working hours were shortened in your place of work due to lack of work
  • The reason for your separation should not be your involvement in any criminal activities
  • You were not fired due to reasons such as misconduct or drug abuse

The Department of Talent and Economic Development will conduct a background check on this by consulting your previous employer. If the reason for the separation given by your employer does not match with your reason, you may not gain eligibility for unemployment benefits.

Find out if your job separation reason is valid and if you’re eligible for benefits using the eligibility calculator below.

Eligibility requirements – overview

Maintaining Eligibility

The responsibility of maintaining eligibility does not end with claiming for benefits. You must maintain eligibility throughout the benefit period. If at any point, you become ineligible during the benefits weeks, the Department will not issue your benefit amount.  

To make sure that you maintain eligibility through the benefit period, you must follow the below mentioned points:

  • You must be able to work throughout the benefit period
  • You must be available to work throughout the benefit period
  • You must be actively pursuing jobs
  • You must report at least two search contacts made every week
  • After collecting 50 percent of the entitled benefits, you must apply for and accept any work that is suitable

You must be reporting for benefits as directed by the agency

Find out on job search requirements

How To Apply For UI Benefits in Michigan?

In order to file a claim for benefits, you must submit the following documents:


There are a number of options to file for unemployment benefits in Michigan, such as:


You can log in to Michigan Web Account Manager (MiWAM) to apply for benefits online. The online portal is accessible 24 hours a day and 7 days a week. You can register as a new user if you are filing for the first time, or can log in using your ID and password if you’re returning to apply for weekly benefits.


Call Michigan’s Unemployment Insurance Customer Line to file unemployed benefits by dialing 1-866-500-0017. If you suffer from hearing impairment, dial the TYY line 1-866-366-0004 to receive Unemployment Insurance services.

You can reach the customer line from Monday to Friday, from 8 AM to 4:30 PM. You can also get help in Spanish by selecting Spanish as your preferred language.

The state of Michigan also allows you to file claims through the Michigan Automated Response Voice Interactive Network (MARVIN). Dial 1-866-638-3993 to claim for weekly benefits.

How To File Weekly Claims

Connect with The Department of Talent and Economic Development through either MARVIN or MiWAM to collect your weekly benefit amount.

You must use the Michigan Identification Number (MIN) for security and privacy reasons every time you try to obtain Unemployment Insurance services. The MIN number can be found on most letters mailed or e-mailed to you by the department, and this will be linked to all your UI documents.

Learn how to claim weekly benefits

UI Benefits Amount

The calculation of weekly benefit amount takes in various components into consideration. You can now find out what your weekly benefit amount is using the benefits calculator.

Find out the approximate weekly benefit amount you may receive using the calculator below:

Benifits Calculator

Unemployment Benefits Calculator
Select Number of Dependents:
0 12 3 4 5
Unemployment Benefits Calculator
State: Michigan
Number of Dependents: 0

How much did you earn in each of these quarters?

$ 0
$ 25,000
$ 0
$ 25,000
$ 0
$ 25,000
$ 0
$ 25,000
Calculating your Benefits Amount ...
Disclaimer: The estimates are good in faith and accuracy is not guaranteed. We are not liable for any loss and damages caused by using the tools on our website. This calculator is here to assist you in evaluating what you might obtain if you are entitled to receive benefits. We make no promises that the sum you receive will be equal to what the calculator illustrates.

Know more about the Benefits Calculator

Things To Know After Filing An Application

You must be aware of various responsibilities, opportunities, and prohibitions that are applicable even after filing the application for weekly benefits. This will help you to make full use of all the services provided by the state of Michigan, without breaking any rules.

Overpayments And Frauds

An overpayment occurs when you are paid an excessive benefit amount, more than what you are is entitled to. It occurs due to a variety of reasons, such as:

  • You made a mistake while certifying for benefits
  • You were not able or available for work during one of the benefits weeks, or throughout the period, or you have willfully given false information, withheld important information, or misrepresented important information while filing for benefits
  • You received benefits while an appeal was in motion, and later, the issued judgment decided that the total benefit amount paid was in excess

If it’s found that you have received an overpayment, the concerned department will send you a letter notifying about the overpayment and process of repayment. You must immediately call the concerned authorities on 1-800-638-6372 if you are currently employed but were overpaid. 

The state of Michigan takes cases of Fraud seriously. Detecting and prosecuting cases of fraud is seen as a priority by the state’s UI program. A regular audit is conducted to ensure that the benefits are given out ap the state and federal law.

Some of the instances, which could be considered as fraud, that you should avoid are:

  • Finding a part-time job and beginning work while still collecting benefits without reporting about your earnings to the UI department
  • You were either not able to work or were not available for work but collected the UI benefits
  • You gave wrong information about the weekly work search efforts
  • You forged documents to mislead the department that you were eligible for UI benefits
  • You allowed someone other than yourself to complete your bi-weekly certifications
  • You let somebody else other than yourself to report on MiWAM or MARVIN for UI benefits

If it’s found that you were involved in fraud, you may be subjected to the following:

  • You will have to pay back 1.5 times the excessive benefit amount received
  • You may not receive the benefit amount for the remainder of your benefit period
  • You could face criminal prosecution
  • In the event you are prosecuted, you will have to pay the court fees and fines, face jail time or perform community service, or any combination of these

Benefits Extension

There are no state or federal government funded benefit extension programs active in Michigan. No alternative exists to collect benefits after the end of the stipulated benefit period.

Job Training Assistance

The state of Michigan runs a program called ‘No Worker Left Behind’ (NWLB), which aims to help workers acquire the skills necessary to succeed in the present global scenario. The state defines the vision of the program as the following:

  • Accelerate worker transitions through learning
  • Support the employers and economic development of the state of Michigan
  • Make use of existing training resources

The NWLB offers some important services to help you in finding new avenues for your careers, such as:

  • Under this program, you can claim free tuition at any Michigan community college, university, or any other approved training programs
  • Skill assessment given by the Michigan Works! Agencies (MWA)
  • The MWAs will assist the applicants who pass out of the colleges to find placements
  • The MWAs will help the participants identify high demand occupation in the region

Know more job training opportunities in MI

Michigan Office Locations and Phone Numbers

If you have any queries that you want to directly take up with the personnel of The Department of Talent and Economic Development, you can reach them either by telephone calls or visit the local offices.

The list below contains the important phone numbers you may need during your benefit period in Michigan:

MI Unemployment Office Phone Numbers

UI Customer Service Line 1-866-500-0017
UI Customer Service Line TTY Users 1-866-366-0004
Filing Claims - Cantonese 1-800-547-3506
MARVIN 1-866-638-3993
Fraud Hotline 1-855-842-7463
Work Search Report Submission Fax: 1-517-636-0427
Michigan Works! 1-800-285-9675
Overpayment Collection Unit 1-800-638-6372
Advocacy Program 1-800-638-3994
Trade Act 1-866-241-0152

Locate your nearest unemployment office

Frequently Asked Question

Q. Can a pregnant woman placed on a leave of absence collect unemployment benefits?
If you are placed on a mandatory maternity leave of absence, you will not be denied unemployment benefits while on the leave as long as you remain able to work during the leave. However, if you requested to be placed on a maternity leave of absence, you will not be considered "unemployed" during the leave and therefore will not be entitled to unemployment benefits during the leave.
Q. Will I be eligible to receive unemployment benefits if I am a temporary or probationary employee?
Wages paid to a temporary or probationary employee will be considered as the same as wages paid to a permanent employee for unemployment benefits purposes. They can be used to establish a claim if:
  • the temporary employee files a claim for benefits,
  • the wages from the temporary or short-term employment fall in the base period,
  • the claimant has enough total base period wages to establish a claim, and
  • The claimant worked in covered employment under the law.
If these conditions are met, the employer will be charged a percentage of the benefits proportional to the claimant's earnings with that employer during the base period.
Q. Where can I get help if I still have questions?
If you have a question or problem with your claim, you can call on the filed-claims number using a touch-tone telephone and inquire about your claim at 1-866-500-0017. The inquiry option is available weekdays between 7:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. Eastern Time.

You can also visit the Problem Resolution Offices for answers to your questions or help to resolve problems with your claim. The office hours are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday.
Q. I don't remember my username or password. What should I do?
If you don’t have your User Name, please visit the MIWAM home page, select “Forgot your Username?” to receive your username in your email. Enter your email address, Employer Account Number, and answer to your secret question. Click the ‘Email my Username” button and your username will be emailed to you.

If you don’t have your Password access the MiWAM Login screen. Click on “Forgot your Password?” and follow the prompts to reset your password. You will receive instructions in your email to reset your password.

If you are locked out of your account, please contact the Office of Employer Ombudsman (OEO) at 855-484-2636 or MiWAM Support at 313 456 2188 to have your account unlocked.
Q. It's been over 10 days and I haven't received an Authorization Code. What do I do now?
Go to the MiWAM Homepage and select the Lost/Never Received Authorization Code Link. Enter your email address and UI employer number (including the three trailing zeroes) And “Request Authorization Letter”
If it has been at least 10 business days, the Request Authorization Letter Confirmation window will appear with a confirmation number.
Q. What is MARVIN?
MARVIN or "Michigan's Automated Response Voice Interactive Network" is an automated computer system that lets people who are collecting unemployment report (or "certify") to UIA by using touch-tone telephones. When you file for unemployment, you will get instructions about how to "talk" with MARVIN.
Q. What are the penalties for collecting unemployment benefits fraudulently?
Your benefit year may be terminated and any remaining rights to benefits canceled.
For all (re)determinations, decisions and orders of intentional misrepresentation issued on or after July 1, 2018, the penalty assessed is 1 times the amount obtained for the first offense, 1.5 times the amount obtained the second offense and 4 times the amount obtained for cases involving identity theft.
For determinations issued prior July 1, 2018, and redeterminations of determinations issued prior to July 1, 2018, the fraud penalties will continue to be 2 times the overpayment if the amount obtained was less than $500.00 and 4 times the overpayment if the obtained amount was $500.00 or more.
Q. Where or whom do I contact to report a fraudulent claim?
To report a company or employee for committing UI fraud, contact one of the following:
  • Report fraud online at and select the “Report Fraud” or “Report Identity Theft”.
  • Call the UI Fraud Hotline at 1-855-842-7463
  • Complete the Statement of Identity Theft (Form 6349) found on UI web page in the “What’s New Section.” You may submit the form in person at a Problem Resolution Office, by mail at Unemployment Insurance, PO Box 169, Grand Rapids, MI 49501, or by fax at 517-636-0427.
Q. What collection methods are used to recover benefit payments?
The claimants will have the following options to repay the outstanding debts:
  • Voluntary Wage Assignment (allows UI to receive 15% of your gross pay for repayment).
  • Intercept your federal income tax refund through the United States Department of Treasury.
  • Intercept your state income tax refund through the Michigan Department of Treasury.
  • Administrative garnishment without obtaining a court order (25% of your disposable pay).
  • Withhold future unemployment benefits to pay the debt.
  • Take legal action in the courts to collect the debt.

Questions & Answers

  1. I had 2 emergency spine surgeries Dec. 2015 I work for Home Depot FT been there 13 yrs. same position I DO NOT have any Disability benefits due to them denying me 3 yrs. ago due to me just having a hysterectomy. I filed application with State of Michigan Unemployment for some help (Reduced # of hours) one of my customers told me that I would be eligible. I have provided all the information they have asked of me and they say I am ineligible due to “Lack of evidence showing I am able to work FT” I don’t get it, I wouldn’t need help if I could work FT but because of my medical condition (comfort level) standing, sitting, no lifting, limited mobility, etc… My job entails a lot of lifting, standing on concrete, can not really sit to do any job there for more then 5 minutes. I am very sore and hurting a lot after 2-3 hrs of work and it takes me 1 day just to recover from that. UIA online system is horrible I have sent them numerous messages trying to figure out what exactly is wrong with my claim and I don’t even get a direct answer back NO HELP! Resolution center is 2 1/2 hrs drive and in my condition an hour in the car is all I can handle. Help me please.

    1. Well, the rule is quite simple. UI benefits are only available to those who are able and available to work.

      If you’re present health conditions are related to the job, you can consider applying for benefits under the Workers Comp scheme.

  2. I was denied benefits based on not making enough money. I had a job which I put my 2 week notice in and was fired that day. I was able to get unemployment for a 2 week time span up until my 2 week notice would have kicked in. I started my new job which I was then fired from. Because I didn’t make enough money for s certain time span I was denied. To have I have a case to fight the denied?

    1. Depends. From what I understand, you may not stand a chance.

      Either ways, please consider appealing. You may never know.

  3. Can a phone conference request be made for a phone hearing with a person that was incarcerated after a judgment was overturned? I was told by the jail that the order must be received by the jail in order for the inmate to partake in the hearing. The inmate has all the paperwork that was sent to him. It could be money owed to him from BEFORE he was incarcerated, or could end up being money that this person might have to pay back if he doesn’t participate in the conference.

    1. Not sure if you’re talking about the unemployment compensation.

      Please call the claims center for further information.

  4. I’m a military spouse. I was laid off post maternity leave in 2006 due to company downsizing. When I was a able to return to work, the military relocated our family to an overseas area where there were no employment options for me, as a result of my husband’s rank. We’ve recently returned to the states and I still am unable to find work. We have two children, and one is not school age yet. Am I eligible for unemployment benefits?

    1. Please check with the labor authorities in your state. Each state formulates its own rules regarding Military men and their families.

  5. im at the age of 55,i have been working for over 5yrs,i want to retire,if i resizine,would i be able to get unemployment benifits, i don’t have a pension,but i don’t need to work.

  6. Another employee lied and said that I had broken a company policy by smoking inside the door entrance but I was not inside the building I was outside the door. Although I was in view of a camera, the company refused to review the camera, and they believe the other employee over me. Is this considered being my fault for termination?

    1. If you’re able to prove and provide supporting documents in case of a dispute when you apply, please consider applying.

  7. I quit my job because the owner was constantly rude, calling the employees stupid, even stupider than the concrete we are standing on. After 10 month of that I was waking up sick to my stomach just thinking about going to work….Do I qualify for UI

    1. You will not be eligible since unemployment insurance is only extended to those who become unemployed due to involuntary reasons.

      Either ways, please check further with the labor authorities in your state by calling the customer service.

    1. If you’ve lost your job,please educate self about various aspects of unemployment insurance and consider applying for it until you find a new job.

  8. I am back to work at the school that pink slipped me in May. How do I return my unemployment money?

    1. Were you overpaid? Regardless, if you think you owe the unemployment office you will have to contact them to make arrangements.

  9. I was let go because of no fault of my own and now that I try to collect unemployment they have told me that I was a no call no show and that is a lie what do I do or how can I show they lied to not give benifits

    1. I worked 40 hrs work week salaried postion as a nurse case-manager on a health reform project which goes to 2015. I was told that my postion would dropped to 2 day per week. I told them I needed for that 2 days aweek for financial and insurance reasons. I was told that they plan to replace me with a social worker. I worked for the almost 3 years. Can i get unemplyment is I can’t find work right away?

      1. You should be eligible if you were on employment fulfilling all basic criteria prescribed in your state.

        Please consider applying for benefits if you’re laid off.

    1. This is not the unemployment office. Perhaps you can find that information on the website for unemployment in the State of Michigan.

  10. I need to have my unemployment claim verified, but I don’t know where to go. I have looked and don’t know if I’m not finding it, or if I have a long drive to get there, don’t know. Can you help me? Thanks

    1. Usually not, though you can call the unemployment office to confirm. If somehow you have paid into unemployment on your behalf, you may have left something out of your question that would indicate you are eligible.

  11. i am taking an elec. online college course with my own money and can finish at my own time line, do I have to report this to the unemployment office before I can get my money from them?

  12. I just graduated from Michigan Career and Technical Institute and am currently looking for employment. I had work before and during my training, but now I have no job. Can I collect unemployment in this circumstance?

  13. My call in day was July 10th and I miss the appointment and make-up day. I’ve been calling and not able to get throught with high call volumes. What should I do?

  14. if im working part time and draw part ssi can i still draw unployment..they went out of business.. and i can not do heavy lifting or stand to long at one time .

    1. Hi Carol,

      If you were laid off, and have sufficient earnings in the base period, you are most likely to be eligible for UC. Please note that there are other requirements to be eligible and also weekly requirements. There is a possibility where a person can work part time and receive SS, and still manage to receive unemployment benefits. You need to mention about all your earnings during the weekly claims without fail, else it would be considered fraud.

  15. I was sent a letter stating I was NO longer eligible for UI. However, on July 5, 2013 unemployment deposited $291.54 into my checking acc’t and I should NOT have it. How do I return the payment to the state?
    I also had faxed my name change through the Ottowa Co. Unemployment Agency and have emailed ALL of my weekly work records and I am still getting mail and checks in my married name (Millard) and it should be Pratt. What do I do? Thank you. Deb Pratt

  16. my daughter was on unemployment and was then sentenced to serve jail-time for a DUI/probation violation. will she be able to resume unemployment benefits when she is released from jail?

    1. Hi Julia,

      If she is able and available to work, she can seek unemployment benefits provided she meets all the requirements set up by the state.

  17. Im new in usa married.I have a child.6months still working a company. But next month 2weeks laid off gross almost 7000 $.can I get unemployment.

  18. I became physically unable to do my job (3 months now). My Employer decided I was too much a risk and removed my keys. So, I have not worked for the last 3 months. I am still trying to get back on my feet but have been with no income for the last three months. I am able to work just not able to do the job I was doing. Can/should I apply for unemployment?

    1. Hi Marvin,
      Since you are unable to get back to a suitable job, you may not receive unemployment benefits. You can check if you can collect short term disability benefits.

  19. I have to move, my wife got a job 35 miles from my work so I have to quit and find a job closer to our new home. Will I be able to collect unemployment until I find a job??

    1. Hi Glenn,

      You might be eligible to receive benefits as you seem to be quitting for a good cause.

  20. I was involuntarily put on leave by employer for 3 weeks pending with no pay, due to injury. Do I qualify for underemployment wages, because the company, nor I have short term disability policy?

    1. Hi Tanisha,

      Here are your possibilities to receive benefits –

      Was this a work related injury? If yes, then you may be entitled to receive benefits.
      If not, your chances are slim as unemployment compensation requires the workers to be available and able to work in order to receive benefits.

  21. in a small incorporated family owned business, with employees who are also minor share holders, does the corporations unemployment tax apply to all employees who are also minority share holders; and can employees who are also minor shareholders qualify for unemployment benefits

    1. Hi Steve,

      If the corporation is filing employment taxes to the state government, then its employees are entitled to receive unemployment benefits when laid off. Usually if the employee is holding shares of 25% or more of the corporation then, he/she might be exempted from receiving unemployment benefits. You might want to check with Michigan unemployment office for a more accurate take on this. Please let us know if you gather more information on the same. Thank you.

  22. Is there a difference between severance pay and termination pay. Our jobs are being terminated in July and we were told that if if is severance we cannot collect unemployment. Yet it is not it is termination. So it has caused a lot of confusion with the wording. Please clarify if we are being terminated can we still collect unemployment,and does the company have to code it as termination for us to collect it. Thank you…I hope this makes sense

    1. Hi P Jones,

      In order to receive unemployment benefits, you must have lost job through no fault of your own. Termination and severance pay appear to be the same, but, I’m sorry I am unable to help you with that. You can go ahead and apply for benefits and during your weekly claims, you will have an opportunity to provide information about the severance or termination pay what you received. Look up for other eligibility requirements to receive unemployment benefits.

    1. Hi Crystal,

      You can apply but I hope you know that there are other eligibility requirements which need you to have earned a certain amount last year or in your base period. You need to have worked previously under covered employment where your employer has paid employment taxes. These taxes fund unemployed workers and is state regulated.

    1. Hi Anthony,

      Few states provide assistance to workers who do not have sufficient earnings in the base period. This means, the unemployment office provides some benefits to workers who have worked only a couple of months under covered employment. Contact the unemployment office and check if Michigan is one of those states.

  23. i have been trying to reach the 866 500 0017 phone number for hours daily but have not been able to get through i need help with my claim i havent received any payment for my claim for last week of march and first week of april my next reporting date is april 24th please help me thank you

    1. Hi Phillip,

      Are you calling from a touch tone phone? If you have the eligibility to receive unemployment benefits, you can go ahead and start filing your weekly claims. If you do not file weekly, you will not receive any amount. Please check these links to know how you can go about filing your weekly claims. You will have to serve a waiting week during which you will not receive any payment.

      Phones are usually busy due to high call volumes. Trying calling at the end of the week and second slot of the day. Unemployment offices suffer heavy call volumes on mondays and tuesdays.

  24. I was let go from my job on tuesday after 13 years. They have offer me a severance package, if I sign this agreement I will receive 12 weeks of pay as a reg paycheck with benefits. I would like to know if I should sign up for unemployment now of after the severance pay is done and will I receive unemployment benefits if I don’t have a job.

  25. I am wondering why I am only getting a partial payment this time. Whenever I call the number given they say they are to busy to answer

  26. I called an attorney about unpaid commissions the company I worked for owes me. They have found out and are making very difficult because they will have to pay. If I quit my job am I eligible for unemployment because of the stress they are putting on me.
    Thank You

  27. I am moving out of state. I am eligable to collect unemployment. Can I still collect while looking for a job over there?

    1. If you move out of state, you can still collect unemployment. You must complete a change of address form on line and continue to file your weekly claims. You will have to search for work in your new state.

  28. I recently had a baby and had my tubes done, my work is only allowing me 8 Weeks then they are terminating me because my doctor said 12-14 due to the csection,tubes and a heart condition also I was taken off 1week early due to preclamisia will I qualify for unemployment,I’ve been with the company for 5years.

  29. I am on short term disability that will end next week. I can not collect long term disability because I did not finish a year of work. I work for walmart and can not go back to work because of my knees. No heavy lifting. Walmart will not let me go back to work because of restrictions. Can I apply for unemployment?

  30. I am possibly quitting my job for a number of reasons. I was promised a position within 5 months of being hired then I never got that position. Due to that I am never provided with a schedule so it’s hard for me to make arrangements for my 4 kids. While I was out on maternity leave my boss sent me text messages asking for my letter of resignation. The list of reasons can go on and on but does it sound like I have “just cause” to quit?

    1. I worked on a dairy Farm for the past 5 years but the last year has been bad because they are trying to go bigger and don’t have the help so it all is falling on my shoulders so last Friday I got yealled at again and I just couldn’t deal with the Owner anymore so I quiet.Can I get unemployment benefits for this? Thanks

  31. If under the WARN ACT do I still file for unemployment benefits and if the la not permanent yet does my benefit still count for week not claimed?

  32. I am getting social security and will be laid off from my part time job. Can I collect unemployment and keep my social security?

  33. A respiratory Therapist who is on consignment, hours get cut to 1 dayfrom 3 days min a week from a Hospital….Can he/she file for unemployment?

  34. My husband has to go to texas for work we have sold our house to go. can i get unemployment even though i had to quit my job in order to
    go with my husband

  35. My husband will be off work for 12 weeks due to surgery. We have no disability at his work is there any help for us. Can he get unemployment?

    1. Whether your husband can get unemployment benefits depends on his state’s eligibility requirements. Though requirements can vary widely from state to state, one of the universal requirements is that he be physically able to perform work.

      If your husband is unable to work permanently, unemployment benefits will be denied. If he is unable to work temporarily due to surgery, he can’t collect benefits for the time he is unable to work. He must report his availability to work to the state accurately or he could face stiff penalties.

  36. I work part time for an attorney that is running for Circuit Court Judge, and we are all confident she will win in November. That means she will have to close her sole practioner office. Would I be able to collect unemployment benefits in this case scenario?

  37. I became physically unable to do my job (2 months now). My employer said he would hold my job for me until I am better. At first he let me answer phones and then decided I was too much a risk at work. So, I have not worked for the last 2 months, been in the hospital twice and admitted once. I am still trying to get back on my feet but have been with no income for the last couple of months. I am able to work just not able to do the job I was doing. Can/should I apply for unemployment?

  38. I filed for unemployment and i didnt have a printer. how can i go back on to print the paper i need for michigan works?

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

See More Answered Questions