Michigan Unemployment Extension
Updated : January 29th, 2019
EUC (Emergency Unemployment Compensation) payments can be obtained by individuals who are unemployed through no fault of their own and meet regular state unemployment eligibility requirements.
There are 4 tiers of federally-funded EUC benefits payable in Michigan. The 10.7% reduction of the Weekly Benefit Amount will affect all 4 tiers:
- Tier 1 – Provides up to 10 weeks of EUC benefits to those who exhaust their regular state unemployment benefits and file an EUC claim on or after Sept. 9, 2012. The amount equals 54% of a person’s regular state unemployment benefits, up to 10 weeks.
- Tier 2 – Provides up to 10 weeks of EUC after a person exhausts EUC Tier 1 and equals 54% of a person’s regular state unemployment benefits, up to 10 weeks.
- Tier 3 – Provides up to 7 weeks of EUC after a person exhausts EUC Tier 2 and equals 35% of a person’s regular state unemployment benefits, up to 7 weeks.
- Tier 4 – Provides up to 7 weeks of EUC after a person exhausts EUC Tier 3 and equals 39% of a person’s regular state unemployment benefits, up to 7 weeks.
New entrants into EUC Tier 1 are needed to take part in Reemployment and Eligibility Assessment (REA) activities managed at their local Michigan Works! Agency (MWA) office. EUC claimants are required to provide written documentation of their work search efforts on a biweekly basis to the UIA before certifying through MARWIN or MARWIN Online.
Note: The EUC program expires week ending Dec. 28, 2013. This means that EUC claims for Tier 1 cannot be established after Dec. 21, 2013, and claims fir Tiers 2 through Tier 4 cannot be established after week ending Dec. 28, 2013. No EUC payments will be made for any week after Dec. 28, 2013.
Applying for EUC:
Telephone MARWIN toll-free at 1-866-638-3993. Appointment times are based on an individual’s social security number as mentioned below.
|8:00 – 9:00 AM||00-01-02-03||34-35-36||67-68-69|
|9:00 – 10:00||04-05-06||37-38-39||70-71-72|
|10:00 – 11:00||07-08-09||40-41-42||73-74-75|
|11:00 – 12:00||10-11-12||43-44-45||76-77-78|
|12:00 NOON – 1:00 PM||13-14-15||46-47-48||79-80-81|
|1:00 – 2:00||16-17-18||49-50-51||82-83-84|
|2:00 – 3:00||19-20-21||52-53-54||85-86-87|
|3:00 – 4:00||22-23-24||55-56-57||88-89-90|
|4:00 – 5:00||25-26-27||58-59-60||91-92-93|
|5:00 – 6:00||28-29-30||61-62-63||94-95-96|
|6:00 – 7:00 PM||31-32-33||64-65-66||97-98-99|
You can also reach MARWIN online and then click on the link, “UIA Online Services for Unemployed Workers.” If you use MARWIN online, you may certify for benefits any day during your reporting week. Monday through Friday, from 8:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
About to run out of regular unemployment insurance benefits?? ——> Know about Unemployment Extension
Under federal law, as of 2019, EUC benefits are no longer available.
Extensions for collecting UI payments are in effect only during periods of high unemployment and only if the state or federal government take specific action to provide extended benefits.
- All About The Families First Coronavirus Response Act
- How To Collect Unemployment Benefits If Coronavirus Has Cost You Your Job
- How To Get A Job If You Have A Disability
- How The American Elections Create Jobs
- Unemployment & mental health: How losing your job takes a toll on the psychological state
- View all articles