Minnesota Unemployment Phone Numbers
In Minnesota, the two ways to apply for unemployment insurance benefits are –
- By phone using the Applicant Self-Service System.
To apply online visit here. Applying online or webclaim is the easiest way with fast response.
Hours of operation: 6 a.m. to 6 p.m., Monday through Friday, except on holidays.
By phone choose English, Spanish, Hmong, Somali:
- Twin Cities area: 651-296-3644
- Greater Minnesota: 1-877-898-9090
- TTY (for the hearing impaired): 1-866-814-1252
Hours of operation: Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., except on holidays.
You can reach a customer service representative by calling the automated phone system:
How do I appeal?
You will be given a chance to appeal in case you were denied unemployment benefits or termed ineligible.
Appeals must be filed electronically, by mail, or fax within the timeframe specified on the determination or correspondence to be appealed. Instructions for filing an appeal are printed on all applicant and employer determinations.
- Information Line (no appeals accepted here): 651-296-3745
- TTY-Teletypewriter for the deaf and hard of hearing: 1-866-814-1252