This site is privately owned and is not affiliated with any government agency.

Mississippi Unemployment Benefits Questions

What if I worked in more than one state? Can I file a claim against another state if I live in Mississippi?

If you worked in more than one state you may be eligible for a Combined Wage Claim. The base period wages from all states in which you worked are combined and you may be able to establish a combined wage claim under the law of a single state to qualify for benefits. An unemployment claims representative can explain the options and procedures for filing a Combined Wage Claim if you think you might qualify.

What if I worked for an employer during the base period and the wages are not shown on my claim?

Once you file a claim for benefits, you will receive a Monetary Determination. The Monetary Determination shows the wages reported by your employer(s) during each quarter of your base period. Study the notice carefully. Be sure that it includes all wages paid during the quarters shown. If you believe that some wages you earned are not shown, you should contact the MDES Call Center and file a request for re-determination.

What should I do if I have moved to another state but my wages are earned in Mississippi?

If you live in another state, but your base period wages were earned in Mississippi, you may file an Interstate claim against Mississippi. The claim may be filed online or by calling 601-853-3133 or 1-888-844-3577. Your claim for benefits will be effective the Sunday of the week you file the claim.

Note: If you reside in Mississippi, but your base period wages were earned in another state, you may file an Interstate claim against that state. This means that the state in which you earned wages will be the state responsible for your claim.

For more information on filing a claim for benefits in another state click here.

Can child support be deducted from my benefits?

Yes. The amount deducted from your benefit payment each week is determined by the Department of Human Services. If you disagree with the amount of child support deducted, or if you have any questions regarding child support, you should contact the Department of Human Services.

    • The E.U.C(Emergency Unemployment Compensation) remains expired. There is no extension available. Please inquire further with the labor authorities in your state by calling them.

  1. I been filing my weekly certification but I haven’t received my debt card. I had a card from a couple years ago, but no longer have that card due to losing my wallet. So, will they issue me another card

    • They should issue a replacement card.

      Please speak to the claims center for further instructions.

    • Depends from state to state.

      Please call the customer service of the labor dept in your state to inquire.

  2. Hi I called set a claim on thursday man said call Wen answered the 5 questions when should i recive a payment on my debit card? not understanding

    • If you filed the claim and have not received any further confirmation,please contact the claims dept.

  3. They company I work for is going bankrupt. Can a part time employee receive any kind of unemployment benefits?

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *