Missouri Unemployment Application
Updated : June 20th, 2019
If eligible for benefit payments you can file your initial claim by Internet or by Phone.
The Internet claim filing system is designed to enable you to file a new, renewed or weekly claim. You will not be charged a fee for using this service.
A new or renewed claim for benefits should be filed as soon as you become unemployed.
If eligible for benefit payments:
- The processing period for all new and renewed claims is 10 days.
- Benefits will not be released during this processing period.
- Delaying the filing of your claim can result in loss of benefits.
This application requires accessing other computer records. If for some reason these records are not available, you will receive a message explaining this. Your initial or reopened claim will be effective the Sunday of the week in which you file. If you believe your claim should be effective during a prior week, and you feel you can provide good cause beyond your control for late filing, you will need to use the telephone method of filing.
The Internet Claim Filing System is available 24 hours a day, except between 11:30 p.m. on Saturday and 12:31 a.m. on Sunday, Central Time.
Note: This is an application for unemployment insurance benefits. Intentionally submitting false information is a criminal act and will be prosecuted.
The telephone filing system is available from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Central Time, Monday through Friday, except holidays. The Regional Claims Centers (RCC) answer calls in the order they are received.
Regional Claims Centers:
- Jefferson City – 573-751-9040
- Kansas City – 816-889-3101
- St. Louis – 314-340-4950
- Springfield – 417-895-6851
- Outside Local Calling Area – 800-320-2519
- Fax Number – 573-751-9730 (This is the central fax number, so make sure to mark the item to the attention of the person to whom you are sending it.)
You must call from a touch-tone phone. If your phone has a PULSE/TONE switch, set the switch to TONE after your call is answered. Most public pay phones can be used to access our system.
Your call will be answered by an Interactive Voice Response (IVR) System. You will be given a menu of services. Choose option 1 to begin the process and follow the system’s instructions.
Note: Sometimes the phone lines will be busy when you call. If your call is not answered by the IVR System on your first try, keep trying every few minutes. Once you are in line to speak with a representative, do not hang up and call back. That will only increase your wait time by putting you again at the back of the line.
Checklist for Unemployed Workers
- Social Security Number
- Name, including prior names
- Complete home mailing address, including ZIP code
- Telephone Number
- Name of the County where you reside
- DD Form 214, Member-4 (if you served in the military in the past 18 months)
- Company name of your last employer
- Complete mailing address for your last employer, including ZIP code
- Your last day worked and reason for leaving your last employer
- Your bank routing number and account number for direct deposit to your checking or savings account, if this is your preferred method of payment
Want to know about how much you will receive?? —–>Calculate your benefits here
Unemployed?? ——>Check your eligibility for unemployment benefits